Backend Platform Lead
San Francisco, CA
R&D – Engineering
About the Role:
We are looking for a Backend Platform Lead to join our team. You will be responsible for the backend platform and tools at PlanGrid and have to urge to help us go international. You are excited to build and drive the team that will make it possible for engineering to double in size. You have experience breaking apart monoliths, building service architectures, and want to take your skills to a fast growing company. You want to build a team and keep your hands on the keyboard.
We are open to remote engineers!
- Plan and execute on the break down of our distributed monolith then tail into international expansion
- Architect, design, and implement core services which can be leveraged by product teams throughout the PlanGrid engineering community
- Review key architectural changes across the organization and participate heavily in Engineering Change Proposal process
- Work closely with our Infrastructure team to plan and execute big changes
- Set and maintain code quality and standards for API development
- Set and maintain standards for API versioning, input/output, validation, and error reporting
- Help project teams with API implementation; lead by example in code and quality and participate in the code review process
- Work with our SRE team to design and execute DR/BC implementation and testing
- Work with our SRE team to address and predict performance bottlenecks
- Set performance standards and manage KPIs
- Hire and provide mentorship to a small, senior team of engineers
- Set high level goals and produce quarterly/yearly plans
The ideal leader has:
- Management experience and/or a desire to grow into a manager role: You like being on the front line and keeping your tech skills sharp
- Worked in various service architectures and is ready to bring that painfully earned knowledge to the table
- Understand how company size affects strategy
- Has experience working in and/or prepping for global roll out
- A strong sense of ownership: You strive for deep understanding, build the appropriate solution to get the job done, and iterate quickly to deliver high impact results.
- Love for building elegant, maintainable code: Abstracting and refactoring should be a passion, not a chore.
- A team mentality: You recognize that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts, appreciate teamwork, and play a key role to make the company win.
- Located in San Francisco’s Mission District just one block from BART, among local shops, bars, and restaurants
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and dependents
- 401k + Company matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- $500 annual wellness reimbursement
- Volunteering on company time + employee donation matching
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Dog-friendly office
- Catered lunches 3x/week
- We provide paid parental leave for both parents
- Construction site tours of the biggest projects in San Francisco using PlanGrid
PlanGrid is the leader in construction productivity software. Used on more than 1 million projects around the world, PlanGrid's value extends over numerous phases of construction, building a massive and accurate history of every jobsite through everyday use that creates a data-rich record set at turnover that is essential to long-term operations.
PlanGrid is the first construction productivity software that allows contractors and owners in commercial, heavy civil, and other industries to collaborate easily from their mobile devices and desktop. PlanGrid is used in more than 79 countries by thousands of customers including DPR, Granite, NVIDIA, Target Corporation, and Tutor Perini. PlanGrid was a member of Y Combinator’s 2012 Winter Class, and has secured over $69 million in funding from Sequoia, Tenaya Capital Founders Fund, GV, 500 Startups, Box, Northgate, and Spectrum 28.
For more information, please visit: https://www.plangrid.com/.
PlanGrid is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information
As part of GDPR compliance procedures, we have posted our Recruiting Privacy Notice on our website. Please also note that the advertised position is an opportunity with Autodesk, Inc. (https://www.autodesk.com/), as Autodesk recently acquired PlanGrid. Processing of your personal information as part of the job application process, and as part of Autodesk employment should a candidate be hired, will be handled by Autodesk pursuant to Autodesk’s Candidate Privacy Statement, available at: https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/www/content/careers/autodesk_candidate_privacy_statement.pdf.