San Francisco, CA
G&A – IT
PlanGrid is looking for a hands-on, tech savvy, problem-solving aficionado/a to join us as an IT Technician.
The IT Technician at PlanGrid is a position that will require a wide range of experience, from Active Directory administration (GPOs included) to mobile device and patch management to configuring SaaS apps for SAML via Okta.
The environment is very fast paced and SaaS forward. We are leveraging SaaS in order to be a lightweight and nimble IT department. Gone are the days of full disk imaging for deployment and replacing internal components in laptops (for the most part), our goal is to never have to touch a laptop/tablet/phone for deployment, yet still be able to manage the device over its lifetime.
Currently, PlanGrid is in a state of growth. We're not so big that we have IT roles separated out, or too small to not be doing anything of interest. This gives any prospective IT team member a unique opportunity to gain experience across a wide range of technologies and systems that may not be available at more established or smaller companies.
This is an integral role for our growth as a company. We are scaling quickly, and in order for us to continue bringing the trillion dollar construction industry into the future, we need you to help us build and grow our IT infrastructure as we evolve.
About the Role:
- Provide frontline support for PlanGrid employees via ticketing and walk-ups
- Set up computers and accounts for new hires
- Assist with IT onboarding and training curriculum
- Design, update, and maintain IT documentation
- Help produce live events, All Hands meetings, Town Hall events, etc.
- Proactively identify and address technical issues across the company
As we scale you will help create and iterate standards, systems, and processes for IT relating to:
- Onboarding processes, help reach zero touch deployment
- Leverage SSO and SAML with Okta
- Mobile Device Management with Meraki and Simian/munki
- Security Patch management for Windows, macOS, and mobile devices.
- Managing a large remote employee base and their devices
- Carry out projects that relate to scaling and securing PlanGrid and its IT capabilities
- You are positive, proactive, and focused on customer service and problem solving
- You have at least 4 years experience in a similar role
- You strive to over-deliver and do so on time
- You have impeccable diagnostic skills and are a master problem-solver
- You are a boss at OS X and Windows troubleshooting in an enterprise environment
- You are a little bit like an office Spider-Wo/man
- You’re comfortable running cables and crawling under desks
- You have had exposure to G Suite administration, Active Directory, Meraki MDM, Linux command line, External SSO (Okta), and Hypervisors (Hyper-V, proxmox)
- You are results-focused with a past track record of success and promotion
- Experience with Amazon Web Services is a plus
- Located in San Francisco’s Mission District just one block from BART, among local shops, bars, and restaurants
- Clipper Cards (for public transportation) funded by PlanGrid
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and dependents
- Flexible vacation
- Construction site tours of the biggest projects in San Francisco using PlanGrid
- Volunteer time off: We encourage employees to give back to our local communities. We organize volunteer days and have worked with organizations such as Glide, SF/Marin Food Bank, Muttville, Family Dog Rescue, and Bryant Elementary School (as part of PlanGrid’s commitment with Circle the Schools).
- Dog-friendly office
- Catered lunches
- Office is wheelchair accessible
- We provide paid parental leave for both parents
PlanGrid is the leader in construction productivity software. Used on more than 1 million projects around the world, PlanGrid's value extends over numerous phases of construction, building a massive and accurate history of every jobsite through everyday use that creates a data-rich record set at turnover that is essential to long-term operations.
PlanGrid is the first construction productivity software that allows contractors and owners in commercial, heavy civil, and other industries to collaborate easily from their mobile devices and desktop. PlanGrid is used in more than 79 countries by thousands of customers including DPR, Granite, NVIDIA, Target Corporation, and Tutor Perini. PlanGrid was a member of Y Combinator’s 2012 Winter Class, and has secured over $69 million in funding from Sequoia, Tenaya Capital Founders Fund, GV, 500 Startups, Box, Northgate, and Spectrum 28.
For more information, please visit: https://www.plangrid.com/.
PlanGrid is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information
As part of GDPR compliance procedures, we have posted our Recruiting Privacy Notice on our website.