San Francisco, CA
PlanGrid is looking for someone who brings fresh ideas from many technical areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day.
- Provide technical vision and strategy, design and lead a multi-year technical roadmap.
- Manage and grow a team of software engineers, including iteration and task planning.
- Build incredible features that solve real problems.
- Drive technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment; take responsibility for the overall planning, execution and success of complex technical projects
- Partner closely with Product Management to create, drive and deliver innovative, compelling and user-friendly products.
- Inspire world-class computer science teams to innovate, invent, implement and deploy complex software solutions in a commercial, mission-critical environment.
- Develop and grow leadership talent through effective mentoring, coaching, succession planning and retention strategies for key talent in a fast growth, highly competitive economic environment.
- Develop a deep understanding of the challenges and opportunities to improve an industry that’s historically lacked technology.
- 10+ years of experience in engineering
- Experience leading organizations of more than 20 engineers
- Experience developing APIs, an object model, and supporting infrastructure
- Demonstrated track record of technical innovation and leading large scale organizations of more than 20 engineers
- Ability to set and drive the “big picture” strategy while also having the capability to provide detailed technical guidance to the team, enabling them to execute more effectively and deliver products
- A passion for technology and technical depth to uncover root causes of complex technical problems and provide guidance on solving them
- Ability to recruit and develop top technical talent; high EQ and ability to inspire and motivate the engineering team to work together as a cohesive and highly productive unit
- Located in San Francisco’s Mission District just one block from BART, among local shops, bars, and restaurants
- Flexible vacation
- Dog-friendly office
- Clipper Cards (for public transportation) funded by PlanGrid
- Construction site tours of the biggest projects in San Francisco using PlanGrid
- Volunteer time off: We encourage employees to give back to our local communities. We organize volunteer days and have worked with organizations such as Glide, SF/Marin Food Bank, Muttville, Family Dog Rescue, and Bryant Elementary School (as part of PlanGrid’s commitment with Circle the Schools).
- Catered lunches
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
- Office is wheelchair accessible
PlanGrid solves a major problem for a 7,000 year old industry. Construction data is shackled in legacy, paper blueprints that are clunky, heavy to carry, and result in enormous rework costs totaling $9 billion per year for the industry due to working from outdated plans.
PlanGrid was built by builders, for builders. We’re spearheading the industry’s transformation to the cloud and digitization by arming construction workers with the best productivity tools. Contractors, owners, designers, and architects worldwide maximize PlanGrid to finish their projects on time and under budget. PlanGrid currently stores over 50 million blueprints, making us the largest digital blueprint repository in the world. We emerged from Y Combinator in 2012, and have secured over $62 million in funding from world-renowned organizations and individuals including Sequoia, Founders Fund, GV, 500 Startups, Box, Northgate, Spectrum 28, and Tenaya Capital.
PlanGrid is the leader in construction productivity software. Used on more than 1 million projects around the world, PlanGrid's value extends over numerous phases of construction, building a massive and accurate history of every jobsite through everyday use that creates a data-rich record set at turnover that is essential to long-term operations.
PlanGrid is the first construction productivity software that allows contractors and owners in commercial, heavy civil, and other industries to collaborate easily from their mobile devices and desktop. PlanGrid is used in more than 70 countries by thousands of customers including DPR, Granite, NVIDIA, Target Corporation, and Tutor Perini. PlanGrid was a member of Y Combinator’s 2012 Winter Class, and has secured over $62 million in funding from Sequoia, Tenaya Capital Founders Fund, GV, 500 Startups, Box, Northgate, and Spectrum 28. For more information, please visit: https://www.plangrid.com/.