San Francisco, CA
Product & Design
You are a master of design craft, strategy, and influence. You have proven experience identifying opportunities, crafting high quality experiences, and getting them into the hands of users. You paint a vision of a better world, and lead and inspire others to go there with you.
In this role, you will lead challenging, high impact projects and influence the direction of PlanGrid. You will lead cross-team initiatives and may guide and direct the work of others. This role reports directly to the Head of Design.
- 5+ years working with product teams to ship experiences users love
- Proven experience leading design projects that demonstrate significant customer and business impact
- Goes beyond pixels to consider every aspect of the user journey
- Sets bold design vision, rallying and coordinating with others to turn it into reality
- Provides coaching and mentorship that helps others grow their design skills
- Influential, strategic thought partner who helps to shape the organization’s perspective on design
- Broad design, UX, and strategy toolkit: design thinking and facilitation, service design perspective, lean UX, experimentation, design systems, prototyping, and more
- Help teams to navigate ambiguity, craft the right plan, and drive execution
- Strong visual intuition with an understanding of composition, balance, symmetry, whitespace, and typography
- Comfortable designing for multiple platforms (PlanGrid is on web, iOS, Android, and Windows)
- Understands technical constraints and can articulate ideas to PM and Engineering.
- Experience reimagining and redesigning large, complex enterprise products
- Passion for building design-centric organizations
- High business and product acumen
- Thought leadership and innovation
- Located in San Francisco’s Mission District just one block from BART, among local shops, bars, and restaurants
- Flexible vacation
- Dog-friendly office
- Clipper Cards (for public transportation) funded by PlanGrid
- Construction site tours of the biggest projects in San Francisco using PlanGrid
- Volunteer time off: We encourage employees to give back to our local communities. We organize volunteer days and have worked with organizations such as Glide, SF/Marin Food Bank, Muttville, Family Dog Rescue, and Bryant Elementary School (as part of PlanGrid’s commitment with Circle the Schools)
- Catered lunches
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
- Office is wheelchair accessible
PlanGrid builds beautiful, effective, field collaboration software for the $8 trillion per year construction industry. Our platform is used by tens of thousands of contractors, building owners, engineers and architects.
PlanGrid is the leader in field collaboration. It helps contractors, owners, designers, and architects collaborate easily from their mobile devices and desktop, managing blueprints, specs, photos, RFIs, and punch lists. PlanGrid’s cloud-based platform stores over 50 million digital blueprints, making it the largest digital blueprint repository in the world. The company emerged from Y Combinator in 2012, and has secured over $62 million in funding from world-renowned organizations and individuals including Sequoia, Founders Fund, GV, 500 Startups, Box, Northgate, Spectrum 28, and Tenaya Capital.