Social Media Manager
San Francisco, CA
Marketing – Marketing
Social media plays a crucial role in how PlanGrid communicates to its customers, prospects and broader community, including investors, media, talent and partners. We are looking for a superstar social media manager who is both creative and analytical, who can easily execute across all social channels, measure progress, increase engagement and think about bigger opportunities on the horizon.
Reporting to the Director of PR & Communications, you will be responsible for defining and executing a social strategy; working across departments to source content; and managing an online community among our passionate customer base and prospects. You’ll need to proactively source content and have a pulse on the industry both on and off social. While we are a B2B company, our audience on social runs from consumer-oriented to executive-level. We’re looking for someone who understands this nuance and can enthusiastically identify how to engage each with relevant content and tone. This is a role with a lot of opportunity for growth and creative thinking.
About the Role
- Strategy and content creation: Develop and refine our social strategy to build a loyal community of PlanGrid fans and advocates, increasing engagement with our customers and prospects.
- Create unique content customized for each social channel that is on-brand, differentiates us from our competitors, and conveys our value.
- Work with teams across the company, including marketing, events, customer support, R&D, HR and others, to support PlanGrid initiatives via social.
- Showcase the faces and stories of our customers to form a narrative that is uniquely PlanGrid. Implement social programs that make our customers feel they are part of a special movement that is changing their industry for the better.
- Collaborate closely with our creative team to develop powerful assets for posts. Also work with our paid media team to determine appropriate budgets for promotion.
- Must know how to create social media ads and boost posts as a daily task.
- Project management: Develop a calendar and regular cadence of content, while being opportunistic with timely news/content. Tactically manage PlanGrid’s accounts on social platforms daily.
- Regularly and proactively monitor PlanGrid’s social channels for customer engagement, elevating support issues as needed.
- Define, establish and communicate channel governance—what we publish, when, why, how and which channels are most appropriate. Be the internal champion for our brand on social.
- KPIs and progress: Meet our monthly KPIs for cross-channel community growth and posts. Provide monthly recap reports on social analytics.
- Analyze progress and identify areas for improvement and further optimize content for additional engagement.
- Stay up-to-date on developments on each social platform and how they may impact PlanGrid social activity.
- Identify tools and technology to better manage our social activity and platforms.
- You have 4-6 years of experience managing social, preferably with some of that experience for a B2B company.
- Construction experience is a plus, although not a must-have. You understand at heart that while you may not currently speak the language of our customers, there is a language and culture you will need to learn and adopt as your own.
- You are a storyteller and writer by nature. You have a mastery of grammar and tone. You understand the power of pictures to convey a narrative, and can do so in a concise way. You’ve mastered the art of “short form” and know how to say a lot in very little space.
- You can think on the fly, execute quickly and have a sharp sense of detail. You are passionate about exactly where to place a comma.
- You are an expert in all the major social platforms including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn, and have knowledge of other networks (Snapchat, WeChat). What you don’t know, you are excited to figure out.
- You know how to use social monitoring tools such as Sprout Social, Rival IQ and others.
- You’re creative and love brainstorming to develop fresh, original and powerful content.
- You’re friendly, love engaging and interacting with others, and possess a special knack for connecting and building new relationships online.
- You’re analytical, like to test and experiment, and are data-driven in your approach to optimizing content.
- You have a degree in English, Communications, Journalism or other related field.
- Located in San Francisco’s Mission District just one block from BART, among local shops, bars, and restaurants
- Flexible vacation
- Dog-friendly office
- Clipper Cards (for public transportation) funded by PlanGrid
- Construction site tours of the biggest projects in San Francisco using PlanGrid
- Volunteer time off: We encourage employees to give back to our local communities. We organize volunteer days and have worked with organizations such as Glide, SF/Marin Food Bank, Muttville, Family Dog Rescue, and Bryant Elementary School (as part of PlanGrid’s commitment with Circle the Schools).
- Catered lunches
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
- Office is wheelchair accessible
- Parental leave for both parents
PlanGrid is the leader in construction productivity software. Used on more than 1 million projects around the world, PlanGrid's value extends over numerous phases of construction, building a massive and accurate history of every jobsite through everyday use that creates a data-rich record set at turnover that is essential to long-term operations.
PlanGrid is the first construction productivity software that allows contractors and owners in commercial, heavy civil, and other industries to collaborate easily from their mobile devices and desktop. PlanGrid is used in more than 79 countries by thousands of customers including DPR, Granite, NVIDIA, Target Corporation, and Tutor Perini. PlanGrid was a member of Y Combinator’s 2012 Winter Class, and has secured over $69 million in funding from Sequoia, Tenaya Capital Founders Fund, GV, 500 Startups, Box, Northgate, and Spectrum 28.
For more information, please visit: https://www.plangrid.com/.
PlanGrid is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information
As part of GDPR compliance procedures, we have posted our Recruiting Privacy Notice on our website.