Software Engineer in Test
San Francisco, CA
PlanGrid (YC W12) is looking for an amazing Software Engineer in Test to help us build and maintain the highest quality construction app. Our users are building some of the most amazing construction projects in the world, and they use PlanGrid on a daily basis to collaborate with each other and find information that’s critical to getting their jobs done.
As a Software Engineer in Test you will lead us to enhance our automation infrastructure, increase automation test coverage, and improve our existing automation frameworks. This includes identifying current gaps, designing and implementing solutions to address those gaps. You need to be familiar with testing concepts and automation tools on any mobile platform such as iOS, Android or Windows. You will work alongside and support developers by designing and maintaining cutting-edge automation systems to ensure we deploy code with high quality and speed.
As a Software Engineer in Test at PlanGrid you will:
- Lead the automation testing efforts for PlanGrid mobile platforms (Android, iOS, and Windows)
- Author new and maintain existing UI tests
- Work closely with developers to improve testability of our mobile applicationsBuild scripts to plug into our continuous integration pipeline
- Work with manual testing team to understand what slows them down
- Design and implement tools to reduce the time it takes our manual QA to find bugs
- Have at least 2 years of automation testing experience
- Proficient in at least one of the following programming languages: C#, Java, Swift, Python
- Have the passion and dedication to write highly reliable code
- Team player – you love to teach others about cool new tricks you learned and absorb tips and tricks from developers; love solving problems as a team across platforms
PlanGrid solves a major problem for a 7,000 year old industry. Construction data is shackled in legacy, paper blueprints that are clunky, heavy to carry, and result in enormous rework costs totaling $9 billion per year for the industry due to working from outdated plans.
PlanGrid was built by builders, for builders. We’re spearheading the industry’s transformation to the cloud and digitization by arming construction workers with the best productivity tools. Contractors, owners, designers, and architects worldwide maximize PlanGrid to finish their projects on time and under budget. PlanGrid currently stores over 50 million blueprints, making us the largest digital blueprint repository in the world. We emerged from Y Combinator in 2012, and have secured over $62 million in funding from world-renowned organizations and individuals including Sequoia, Founders Fund, GV, 500 Startups, Box, Northgate, Spectrum 28, and Tenaya Capital.
- Located in San Francisco’s Mission District just one block from BART, among local shops, bars, and restaurants
- Flexible vacation
- Dog-friendly office
- Clipper Cards (for public transportation) funded by PlanGrid
- Construction site tours of the biggest projects in San Francisco using PlanGrid
- Volunteer time off: We encourage employees to give back to our local communities. We organize volunteer days and have worked with organizations such as Glide, SF/Marin Food Bank, Muttville, Family Dog Rescue, and Bryant Elementary School (as part of PlanGrid’s commitment with Circle the Schools).
- Catered lunches
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
- Office is wheelchair accessible