San Francisco, CA
About the Role:
PlanGrid is looking for an amazing iOS Engineer to help us build the future faster. Our users are building some of the most amazing construction projects in the world, and our platform is their central information point. Our users are building some of the most amazing construction projects in the world, and our platform is their central information point.
Our stacks are diverse, so you will get exposure to lots of technologies including Swift, Android, Python, Mongo, Postgresql, React, .NET, and more.
As an iOS Engineer, you’ll tackle difficult and interesting challenges and help build and improve the core field experience of PlanGrid. Things like:
- Building near real-time collaboration and markup for construction drawings
- Building slick and responsive UI that can handle millions of user generated data points (like photos and annotations)
- Building tools to streamline communication and collaboration on the construction site
- Tackling synchronization and consistency that allows our users to work and edit offline
- Replacing Excel workflows with simple, powerful tools
- Have at least 3 years of engineering experience
- Have the passion and dedication to write highly scalable, reliable code
- Love solving tricky problems
- Have experience building iOS apps in Objective-C and Swift
- Major plus if you have experience with at least one server side framework (Rails, Django, Flask, etc.) and/or any other native client experience (Android, .NET)
- Team player – you love to teach others about cool new tricks you learned and absorb tips and tricks from developers; love solving problems as a team across platforms
PlanGrid solves a major problem for a 7,000 year old industry. Construction data is shackled in legacy, paper blueprints that are clunky, heavy to carry, and result in enormous rework costs totaling $9 billion per year for the industry due to working from outdated plans.
PlanGrid was built by builders, for builders. We’re spearheading the industry’s transformation to the cloud and digitization by arming construction workers with the best productivity tools. Contractors, owners, designers, and architects worldwide maximize PlanGrid to finish their projects on time and under budget. PlanGrid currently stores over 50 million blueprints, making us the largest digital blueprint repository in the world. We emerged from Y Combinator in 2012, and have secured over $62 million in funding from world-renowned organizations and individuals including Sequoia, Founders Fund, GV, 500 Startups, Box, Northgate, Spectrum 28, and Tenaya Capital.
- Located in San Francisco’s Mission District just one block from BART, among local shops, bars, and restaurants
- Flexible vacation
- Dog-friendly office
- Clipper Cards (for public transportation) funded by PlanGrid
- Construction site tours of the biggest projects in San Francisco using PlanGrid
- Volunteer time off: We encourage employees to give back to our local communities. We organize volunteer days and have worked with organizations such as Glide, SF/Marin Food Bank, Muttville, Family Dog Rescue, and Bryant Elementary School (as part of PlanGrid’s commitment with Circle the Schools).
- Catered lunches
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
- Office is wheelchair accessible