San Francisco, CA
R&D – Engineering
About the Role:
PlanGrid is looking for an amazing iOS Engineer to help us build the future faster. Our users are building some of the most amazing construction projects in the world, and our platform is their central information point.
Our stacks are diverse, so you will get exposure to many technologies including Swift, Android, Python, Mongo, Postgresql, React, .NET, and more.
As an iOS Engineer, you’ll tackle difficult and interesting challenges and help build and improve the core field experience of PlanGrid, working on things such as:
- Building near real-time collaboration and markup for construction drawings
- Building slick and responsive UI that can handle millions of user generated data points (like photos and annotations)
- Building tools to streamline communication and collaboration on the construction site
- Tackling synchronization and consistency that allows our users to work and edit offline
- Replacing Excel workflows with simple, powerful tools
We are open to remote engineers
- Have at least 3 years of engineering experience
- Have the passion and dedication to write highly scalable, reliable code
- Love solving tricky problems
- Have experience building iOS apps in Objective-C and Swift
- Major plus if you have experience with at least one server side framework (Rails, Django, Flask, etc.) and/or any other native client experience (Android, .NET)
- Team player – you love to teach others about cool new tricks you learned and absorb tips and tricks from developers; love solving problems as a team across platforms
- Located in San Francisco’s Mission District just one block from BART, among local shops, bars, and restaurants
- Flexible vacation
- Dog-friendly office
- Clipper Cards (for public transportation) funded by PlanGrid
- Construction site tours of the biggest projects in San Francisco using PlanGrid
- Volunteer time off: We encourage employees to give back to our local communities. We organize volunteer days and have worked with organizations such as Glide, SF/Marin Food Bank, Muttville, Family Dog Rescue, and Bryant Elementary School (as part of PlanGrid’s commitment with Circle the Schools).
- Catered lunches
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
- Office is wheelchair accessible
- We provide paid parental leave for both parents
PlanGrid is the leader in construction productivity software. Used on more than 1 million projects around the world, PlanGrid's value extends over numerous phases of construction, building a massive and accurate history of every jobsite through everyday use that creates a data-rich record set at turnover that is essential to long-term operations.
PlanGrid is the first construction productivity software that allows contractors and owners in commercial, heavy civil, and other industries to collaborate easily from their mobile devices and desktop. PlanGrid is used in more than 70 countries by thousands of customers including DPR, Granite, NVIDIA, Target Corporation, and Tutor Perini. PlanGrid was a member of Y Combinator’s 2012 Winter Class, and has secured over $62 million in funding from Sequoia, Tenaya Capital Founders Fund, GV, 500 Startups, Box, Northgate, and Spectrum 28. For more information, please visit: https://www.plangrid.com/.