San Francisco, CA
R&D – Engineering
About the Role:
PlanGrid (YC W12) is looking for a QA Specialist to help us build and maintain the highest quality construction app. Our users are building some of the most amazing construction projects in the world, and they use PlanGrid on a daily basis to collaborate with each other and find information that’s critical to getting their jobs done correctly and on time.
The PlanGrid QA team currently supports our feature teams and four platforms: iOS, Android, Windows and Web apps. Our exploratory-based approach means you must be curious, have an eye for detail, and be persistent. We want someone who is looking to join an organization where you can make an immediate and lasting impact. As a member of the QA team, you will tasked with advocating for quality in all stages of planning and development.
Things you will do:
- Help manage and implement the QA process for feature teams across all our platforms
- Review and comment on specifications for features in development
- Create and/or update test plans as new features and products are launched
- Test functionality and communicate issues found to the appropriate audiences
- Collaborate with SDETs to prioritize automated testing
- Assist the support team by analyzing user bug reports, applying appropriate testing procedures on reproducing the issue, and advocating for the fix
- Continually monitor features in production for user engagement and quality
- Experience testing on iOS, Android, Windows and/or Web platforms
- Strong analytical skills with eye for detail
- Experience with issue tracking platforms (we use Jira)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a group setting
- Interest in working in a fast-paced environment while juggling priorities and deadlines
- Knowledge of web service/API testing is a plus
- Located in San Francisco’s Mission District just one block from BART, among local shops, bars, and restaurants
- Clipper Cards (for public transportation) funded by PlanGrid
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and dependents
- Flexible vacation
- Construction site tours of the biggest projects in San Francisco using PlanGrid
- Volunteer time off: We encourage employees to give back to our local communities. We organize volunteer days and have worked with organizations such as Glide, SF/Marin Food Bank, Muttville, Family Dog Rescue, and Bryant Elementary School (as part of PlanGrid’s commitment with Circle the Schools).
- Dog-friendly office
- Catered lunches
- Office is wheelchair accessible
- Paid parental leave for both parents
As part of your cover letter, please include your responses to the following questions:
1. What excites you about PlanGrid?
2. What info do you feel needs to be included in a good bug report?
3. Please describe what Exploratory Testing means to you.
PlanGrid is the leader in construction productivity software. Used on more than 1 million projects around the world, PlanGrid's value extends over numerous phases of construction, building a massive and accurate history of every jobsite through everyday use that creates a data-rich record set at turnover that is essential to long-term operations.
PlanGrid is the first construction productivity software that allows contractors and owners in commercial, heavy civil, and other industries to collaborate easily from their mobile devices and desktop. PlanGrid is used in more than 70 countries by thousands of customers including DPR, Granite, NVIDIA, Target Corporation, and Tutor Perini. PlanGrid was a member of Y Combinator’s 2012 Winter Class, and has secured over $62 million in funding from Sequoia, Tenaya Capital Founders Fund, GV, 500 Startups, Box, Northgate, and Spectrum 28. For more information, please visit: https://www.plangrid.com/.