San Francisco, CA
About the Role:
PlanGrid is on a mission to build the future faster by creating beautiful software for construction, one of the oldest an largest industries on the planet. We’re changing that by building tools that automate the mundane tasks around collaboration, planning and version control (think version control for blueprints). Our users are building some of the most amazing construction projects in the world, and our platform is their central information point.
As a Windows Engineer, you will tackle some very difficult and interesting challenges. Things like:
- Building near real-time collaboration and markup for construction drawings
- Building slick and responsive UI that can handle millions of user generated data points (like photos and annotations)
- Replacing Excel workflows with simple, powerful tools that work great on mobile devices (both phones and tablets)
- Build unique user experiences for large scale displays (Surface Hub)
- Integrating with existing construction software in ways that will remove the tedious from our users daily jobs and let them focus on building incredible building on time and on budget!
- Working at PlanGrid means that you will be supported doing really great work, using technologies you like, alongside peers that you respect. You’ll be doing it on a product that delights users and has had exponential revenue growth from the day it launched. If that sounds like the environment for you, we’d love for you to build and grow with us.
About our Tech Stack:
We are building a desktop application in C# (we use the latest version) using WPF because we need to support the user which are running on Windows 7. Aside from this support our main focus will be to use ‘Project Centennial’ from Microsoft to allow our WPF application to run from a universal container and be distributed via the Store on Windows 10.
Core technologies we use (there are many others that we use as well) are:
- SQL LocalDB + Entity Framework + Dapper + tuned custom SQL to store our data.
- ReactiveExtensions + ReactiveUI for responsive UI.
- Newtonsoft, JSON for fast and easy JSON parsing.
- WIX + MSI for our installer technology.
However, you will also be expected to work with other teams, not just Windows, and their stack is extremely diverse so you will get exposure to lots of technologies including, but not limited to, Python, PostgreSQL, Mongo, iOS, and Android.
- At least 3 years of .NET/C# experience or 5+ years of Win32 C++ experience
- Experience with WPF or XAML is a plus
- Experience with Entity Framework is a plus
- Experience with Reactive Extensions is a plus
- Have the passion and dedication to write highly performant and reliable code
- Love solving tricky problems
- Team player – you love to teach others about cool new tricks you learned and absorb tips and tricks from developers; love solving problems as a team across platforms
- You’re excited to join a team that is smart, quirky & genuinely excited about the magic going on at PlanGrid
PlanGrid solves a major problem for a 7,000 year old industry. Construction data is shackled in legacy, paper blueprints that are clunky, heavy to carry, and result in enormous rework costs totaling $9 billion per year for the industry due to working from outdated plans.
PlanGrid was built by builders, for builders. We’re spearheading the industry’s transformation to the cloud and digitization by arming construction workers with the best productivity tools. Contractors, owners, designers, and architects worldwide maximize PlanGrid to finish their projects on time and under budget. PlanGrid currently stores over 50 million blueprints, making us the largest digital blueprint repository in the world. We emerged from Y Combinator in 2012, and have secured over $62 million in funding from world-renowned organizations and individuals including Sequoia, Founders Fund, GV, 500 Startups, Box, Northgate, Spectrum 28, and Tenaya Capital.
- Located in San Francisco’s Mission District just one block from BART, among local shops, bars, and restaurants
- Flexible vacation
- Dog-friendly office
- Clipper Cards (for public transportation) funded by PlanGrid
- Construction site tours of the biggest projects in San Francisco using PlanGrid
- Volunteer time off: We encourage employees to give back to our local communities. We organize volunteer days and have worked with organizations such as Glide, SF/Marin Food Bank, Muttville, Family Dog Rescue, and Bryant Elementary School (as part of PlanGrid’s commitment with Circle the Schools).
- Catered lunches
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
- Office is wheelchair accessible