San Francisco, CA
R&D – Engineering
About the Role:
PlanGrid is on a mission to build the future faster by creating beautiful software for construction, one of the oldest an largest industries on the planet. We’re changing that by building tools that automate the mundane tasks around collaboration, planning and version control (think version control for blueprints). Our users are building some of the most amazing construction projects in the world, and our platform is their central information point.
As a Windows Engineer, you will tackle some very difficult and interesting challenges. Things like:
- Building near real-time collaboration and markup for construction drawings
- Building slick and responsive UI that can handle millions of user generated data points (like photos and annotations)
- Replacing Excel workflows with simple, powerful tools that work great on mobile devices (both phones and tablets)
- Build unique user experiences for large scale displays (Surface Hub)
- Integrating with existing construction software in ways that will remove the tedious from our users daily jobs and let them focus on building incredible building on time and on budget!
- Working at PlanGrid means that you will be supported doing really great work, using technologies you like, alongside peers that you respect. You’ll be doing it on a product that delights users and has had exponential revenue growth from the day it launched. If that sounds like the environment for you, we’d love for you to build and grow with us.
About our Tech Stack:
We are building a desktop application in C# (we use the latest version) using WPF because we need to support the user which are running on Windows 7. Aside from this support our main focus will be to use ‘Project Centennial’ from Microsoft to allow our WPF application to run from a universal container and be distributed via the Store on Windows 10.
Core technologies we use (there are many others that we use as well) are:
- SQL LocalDB + Entity Framework + Dapper + tuned custom SQL to store our data.
- ReactiveExtensions + ReactiveUI for responsive UI.
- Newtonsoft, JSON for fast and easy JSON parsing.
- WIX + MSI for our installer technology.
However, you will also be expected to work with other teams, not just Windows, and their stack is extremely diverse so you will get exposure to lots of technologies including, but not limited to, Python, PostgreSQL, Mongo, iOS, and Android.
- At least 3 years of .NET/C# experience or 5+ years of Win32 C++ experience
- Experience with WPF or XAML is a plus
- Experience with Entity Framework is a plus
- Experience with Reactive Extensions is a plus
- Have the passion and dedication to write highly performant and reliable code
- Love solving tricky problems
- Team player – you love to teach others about cool new tricks you learned and absorb tips and tricks from developers; love solving problems as a team across platforms
- You’re excited to join a team that is smart, quirky & genuinely excited about the magic going on at PlanGrid
- Located in San Francisco’s Mission District just one block from BART, among local shops, bars, and restaurants
- Flexible vacation
- Dog-friendly office
- Clipper Cards (for public transportation) funded by PlanGrid
- Construction site tours of the biggest projects in San Francisco using PlanGrid
- Volunteer time off: We encourage employees to give back to our local communities. We organize volunteer days and have worked with organizations such as Glide, SF/Marin Food Bank, Muttville, Family Dog Rescue, and Bryant Elementary School (as part of PlanGrid’s commitment with Circle the Schools).
- Catered lunches
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
- Office is wheelchair accessible
- We provide paid parental leave for both parents
PlanGrid is the leader in construction productivity software. Used on more than 1 million projects around the world, PlanGrid's value extends over numerous phases of construction, building a massive and accurate history of every jobsite through everyday use that creates a data-rich record set at turnover that is essential to long-term operations.
PlanGrid is the first construction productivity software that allows contractors and owners in commercial, heavy civil, and other industries to collaborate easily from their mobile devices and desktop. PlanGrid is used in more than 79 countries by thousands of customers including DPR, Granite, NVIDIA, Target Corporation, and Tutor Perini. PlanGrid was a member of Y Combinator’s 2012 Winter Class, and has secured over $69 million in funding from Sequoia, Tenaya Capital Founders Fund, GV, 500 Startups, Box, Northgate, and Spectrum 28.
For more information, please visit: https://www.plangrid.com/.
PlanGrid is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information
As part of GDPR compliance procedures, we have posted our Recruiting Privacy Notice on our website.