Director, Learning & Organizational Development
San Francisco, CA
G&A – HR/Recruiting
PlanGrid needs a strong Leader to manage our transformation towards a culture of continuous learning and organizational development via our Learning and Development program, PlanGrid University. You will directly impact the success of our Company by training and developing our employees.You are a natural collaborator and excel at balancing different stakeholders’ needs. You are a top-notch Learning & Organizational Development Executive with 10+ years of experience in Organizational Development & Design, Learning & Development; Talent Management; Change Management; and Employee Engagement - specifically improving employee and organizational performance through the design and delivery of people programs.
Responsible for developing and delivering solutions that drive PlanGrid and individual performance to achieve the Company’s initiatives in a manner reflecting our culture, mission and values. Responsible for planning and implementation of learning development programs and activities such as performance management, management and leadership development, and executive development. The Director, Learning & Organizational Development will lead/drive organizational Change management and organizational design as well as management/leadership development, performance management, employee engagement and succession planning across our International employee base.
- Evaluate individual and organizational development needs across our International Employee base.
- Identify effective process to accurately assess talent and readiness of high potential employees.
- Determine programs to support the development of these employees.
- Gain a deep understanding of our employees and business.
- Spearhead leadership talent and succession planning review process.
Develop Programs & Implement:
- Partner with teammates in HR to integrate competencies into the full life-cycle of employees to include attraction, identification, assessment, development, retention, and engagement.
- Create tools, resources, and education to enable successful execution of a learning and development strategy for the Company, including e-learning and classroom courses, workshops and other trainings.
- Work with managers and team to facilitate and maintain a common orientation experience to ensure employees are oriented to PlanGrid and their role.
- Develop and implement processes to leverage existing employee strengths and identify improvement opportunities utilizing 360 Feedback, mentoring, coaching, training and other programs to support development planning. Help managers develop their teams through career pathing.
- Foster a culture and framework of innovation and excellence.
- Build partnerships across the HR team and with department heads.
Track Progress and Assess the Success of Programs:
- Assess the success of development plans and help employees make the most of learning opportunities.
- Evaluate, in partnership with the CHRO, the effectiveness, value and ROI of these programs, support and services.
- Design systems and processes to track employee training and development participation and ensure mandatory trainings are completed.
- Track budges and negotiate contracts.
- 10+ years of experience in Organizational Development & Design, Learning & Development; Talent Management; Change Management; and Employee Engagement
- Bachelors’ degree in Human Resources or Business preferred.
- Advanced degree in Organizational Development strongly preferred.
- Proficient in anticipating and understanding business needs and taking the initiative to drive solutions in effective value-added ways.
- Ability to understand all parts of the organization and their interdependencies and use that knowledge to influence and make decisions.
- Ensure alignment with the goals and objectives of the company.
- Experience facilitating meetings, planning sessions and training programs.
- Senior level verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Highly organized with strong initiative and superior work ethic.
- Possess a sense of urgency and independent action.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google G Suite, HR systems and tools.
- Located in San Francisco’s Mission District just one block from BART, among local shops, bars, and restaurants
- Clipper Cards (for public transportation) funded by PlanGrid
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and dependents
- Flexible vacation
- Construction site tours of the biggest projects in San Francisco using PlanGrid
- Volunteer time off: We encourage employees to give back to our local communities. We organize volunteer days and have worked with organizations such as Glide, SF/Marin Food Bank, Muttville, Family Dog Rescue, and Bryant Elementary School (as part of PlanGrid’s commitment with Circle the Schools).
- Dog-friendly office
- Catered lunches
- Office is wheelchair accessible
- We provide paid parental leave for both parents
PlanGrid is the leader in construction productivity software. Used on more than 1 million projects around the world, PlanGrid's value extends over numerous phases of construction, building a massive and accurate history of every jobsite through everyday use that creates a data-rich record set at turnover that is essential to long-term operations.
PlanGrid is the first construction productivity software that allows contractors and owners in commercial, heavy civil, and other industries to collaborate easily from their mobile devices and desktop. PlanGrid is used in more than 79 countries by thousands of customers including DPR, Granite, NVIDIA, Target Corporation, and Tutor Perini. PlanGrid was a member of Y Combinator’s 2012 Winter Class, and has secured over $69 million in funding from Sequoia, Tenaya Capital Founders Fund, GV, 500 Startups, Box, Northgate, and Spectrum 28.
For more information, please visit: https://www.plangrid.com/.
PlanGrid is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information
As part of GDPR compliance procedures, we have posted our Recruiting Privacy Notice on our website.