Engineering Manager, Infrastructure
San Francisco, CA
R&D – Engineering
Infrastructure Engineering Manager, Systems Engineering
You are part of the team at PlanGrid that will take us international. You are excited to build and drive the team that will make it possible for engineering to triple in size. You run the team that is the glue between SRE, platform, and feature teams. You are an engineer whisperer. You love people, puns, and pugs.
Our users are building some of the most amazing construction projects around the world, and our mobile & web apps are critical tools in their workflows. Infrastructure @ PlanGrid builds and maintains the core systems they build on every day.
- Have a heavy focus on people and planning
- Continue to build and define a team of 6+ people who work on mission critical glue projects such as service mesh implementation, chaos/resilience engineering, request tracing, feature flag scaling, authentication services, enabling multi-datacenter architectures, etc.
- Work closely with our systems architect, to design, and implement core services which can be leveraged by product teams throughout the PlanGrid engineering community
- Work with the API Platform team to build systems levels tools to orchestrate a evolution to Microservices
- Review key architectural changes across the organization and participate heavily in the proposal process
- Work with other infrastructure teams to plan and execute big changes
- Work with our SRE team to design and execute DR/BC implementation and testing
- Work with our SRE team to address and predict performance bottlenecks
- Set performance standards and manage KPIs
- Set and maintain code quality and standards
- Work closely with a project manager to set high level goals and produce quarterly/yearly plans
The ideal leader has:
- Management experience and/or a desire to grow into a manager role
- Ability to go 10 rounds with systems architects and emerging leaders
- A technical background working in medium to large systems; we would love extended experience in Python systems but welcome Java, Go, C++, etc.
- A love of running mission critical systems: our team makes changes that affect the whole kit & caboodle
- Patience and understanding of how company size affects the strategy of building systems and tooling
- Experience working in and/or prepping for global roll out OR an intense desire to learn on the job
- A strong sense of ownership: You strive for deep understanding, build the appropriate solution to get the job done, and iterate quickly to deliver high impact results.
- A team mentality: You recognize that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts, appreciate collaboration, and play a key role to make the company win.
PlanGrid is the leader in construction productivity software. Used on more than 1 million projects around the world, PlanGrid's value extends over numerous phases of construction, building a massive and accurate history of every jobsite through everyday use that creates a data-rich record set at turnover that is essential to long-term operations.
PlanGrid is the first construction productivity software that allows contractors and owners in commercial, heavy civil, and other industries to collaborate easily from their mobile devices and desktop. PlanGrid is used in more than 79 countries by thousands of customers including DPR, Granite, NVIDIA, Target Corporation, and Tutor Perini. PlanGrid was a member of Y Combinator’s 2012 Winter Class, and has secured over $69 million in funding from Sequoia, Tenaya Capital Founders Fund, GV, 500 Startups, Box, Northgate, and Spectrum 28.
For more information, please visit: https://www.plangrid.com/.
PlanGrid is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information
As part of GDPR compliance procedures, we have posted our Recruiting Privacy Notice on our website.