San Francisco, CA
R&D – Engineering
About the Role:
We’re looking for Backend Engineers for our team. From Hudson Yards to Levi’s Stadium, our customers build some of the most amazing construction projects on the planet. PlanGrid is spearheading the industry’s transformation to the cloud and digitization by arming construction workers with the best productivity tools. You’ll work with top-tier design and QA teams to build flexible solutions that allow customers to manage their data throughout the lifecycle of their construction projects.
We are looking for people with a track record of success when working on deeply technical problems. We recognize that diversity is a critical part of being an innovative company—diverse perspectives and different backgrounds are the key ingredients to building the best products.
We are open to remote engineers
- Proficient in at least one programming language (Python, Java, C, etc.)
- Have a technical undergraduate degree or higher (CS, Math, Engineering, etc.)
- Have a strong grasp of Computer Science fundamentals (data structures, theory basics, etc.)
- Feel at home using a *nix shell and common system utilities (ssh, grep, xargs, tail, ps, etc.)
Ideally, candidates will also have experience with:
- REST API and library design
- Database design and optimization
- Asynchronous processing and infrastructure
- Advanced image processing/optimization
- Performance analysis across distributed systems
- Refactoring and re-architecting to support new models and paradigms
The ideal teammate has:
- A strong sense of ownership: You strive for deep understanding, build the appropriate solution to get the job done, and iterate quickly to deliver high impact results.
- Pride over everything you ship: You would never release code until you’re confident it provides real value to customers.
- Love for building elegant, maintainable code: Abstracting and refactoring should be a passion, not a chore.
- Customer empathy: You have a high degree of customer empathy and drive to understand users’ pain points. You strive to frame problems using the best conceptual models.
- A team mentality: You recognize that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts, appreciate collaboration, and play a key role to make the company win.
- Pragmatism: You consider the many tradeoffs — business, technical, UX, speed, accuracy, complexity — in every decision.
- Located in San Francisco’s Mission District just one block from BART, among local shops, bars, and restaurants
- Clipper Cards (for public transportation) funded by PlanGrid
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and dependents
- Flexible vacation
- Construction site tours of the biggest projects in San Francisco using PlanGrid
- Volunteer time off: We encourage employees to give back to our local communities. We organize volunteer days and have worked with organizations such as Glide, SF/Marin Food Bank, Muttville, Family Dog Rescue, and Bryant Elementary School (as part of PlanGrid’s commitment with Circle the Schools).
- Dog-friendly office
- Catered lunches
- Office is wheelchair accessible
- We provide paid parental leave for both parents
PlanGrid is the leader in construction productivity software. Used on more than 1 million projects around the world, PlanGrid's value extends over numerous phases of construction, building a massive and accurate history of every jobsite through everyday use that creates a data-rich record set at turnover that is essential to long-term operations.
PlanGrid is the first construction productivity software that allows contractors and owners in commercial, heavy civil, and other industries to collaborate easily from their mobile devices and desktop. PlanGrid is used in more than 79 countries by thousands of customers including DPR, Granite, NVIDIA, Target Corporation, and Tutor Perini. PlanGrid was a member of Y Combinator’s 2012 Winter Class, and has secured over $69 million in funding from Sequoia, Tenaya Capital Founders Fund, GV, 500 Startups, Box, Northgate, and Spectrum 28.
For more information, please visit: https://www.plangrid.com/.
PlanGrid is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information
As part of GDPR compliance procedures, we have posted our Recruiting Privacy Notice on our website.