San Francisco, CA
G&A – Finance & Accounting
PlanGrid is looking for a motivated and reliable Tax Manager to be the first member of our tax team. This is an exciting opportunity to have a wide range of tax responsibilities and be a part of a great team that is helping the company expand rapidly.
About the Role:
- Be the first member of our tax team and be the primary tax partner to the company.
- Build and foster strong cross-functional relationships across the business. Help the company understand how tax fits into each of our processes.
- Work with our third-party providers to (i) prepare and/or review monthly, quarterly and annual direct and indirect tax returns including domestic and international income tax, US sales tax, VAT/GST, gross receipts, and other indirect taxes in multiple jurisdictions, and (ii) prepare and/or review corporate and subsidiary tax provisions.
- Perform tax research and analysis on a variety of direct and indirect tax issues and draft memoranda.
- Manage tax audits in partnership with business partners as well as third party service providers.
- Assist in the determination of sales/use and VAT/GST tax consequences related to new products and services and lead solutions addressing corresponding compliance requirements.
- Ensure timely filing and payment of direct and indirect tax compliance requirements.
- Define and increase formalization of our tax policies, procedure, and practices.
- Identify gaps, implement, and formalize tax internal controls.
- Continually drive for improvements in efficiency and quality.
- Lead monthly tax close process.
- 5+ years experience in tax.
- Open to being an individual tax contributor that may evolve to a tax team with company growth and complexity.
- Ability to self manage a tax function with minimal guidance, define and implement tax process and procedures, and continue to scale process and procedures with company growth.
- Ability to produce timely deliverables and manage multiple and shifting priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Experience working for a high growth company and a fast paced environment.
- Avalara experience a big plus.
- Big 4 experience and CPA a big plus.
- Netsuite experience a plus
- Located in San Francisco’s Mission District just one block from BART, among local shops, bars, and restaurants
- Clipper Cards (for public transportation) funded by PlanGrid
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and dependents
- Flexible vacation
- Construction site tours of the biggest projects in San Francisco using PlanGrid
- Volunteer time off: We encourage employees to give back to our local communities. We organize volunteer days and have worked with organizations such as Glide, SF/Marin Food Bank, Muttville, Family Dog Rescue, and Bryant Elementary School (as part of PlanGrid’s commitment with Circle the Schools).
- Catered lunches
- We provide paid parental leave for both parents
PlanGrid is the leader in construction productivity software. Used on more than 1 million projects around the world, PlanGrid's value extends over numerous phases of construction, building a massive and accurate history of every jobsite through everyday use that creates a data-rich record set at turnover that is essential to long-term operations.
PlanGrid is the first construction productivity software that allows contractors and owners in commercial, heavy civil, and other industries to collaborate easily from their mobile devices and desktop. PlanGrid is used in more than 79 countries by thousands of customers including DPR, Granite, NVIDIA, Target Corporation, and Tutor Perini. PlanGrid was a member of Y Combinator’s 2012 Winter Class, and has secured over $69 million in funding from Sequoia, Tenaya Capital Founders Fund, GV, 500 Startups, Box, Northgate, and Spectrum 28.
For more information, please visit: https://www.plangrid.com/.
PlanGrid is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information
As part of GDPR compliance procedures, we have posted our Recruiting Privacy Notice on our website.