Director of Communications and PR
San Francisco, CA
At PlanGrid, we're a unique team of world-class construction engineers, architects, developers, designers, marketers, and customer support leaders with a common goal: to enrich builders lives by arming them with the best software available. We’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join our mission to help blue-collar workers build more efficiently and focus on solving real problems for a global construction industry slated to grow to $10 trillion by 2020.
The Director of Communications leads all aspects of PlanGrid’s communication strategy and execution, in alignment with the company’s overarching marketing strategy. He/she/they will work closely with the executive leadership team to craft cohesive, business-facing narratives, and drive its delivery across multiple internal and external stakeholders. PlanGrid has been used on over 500,000 projects around the world from single-family homes to massive commercial projects such as Levis Stadium, Folsom Dam, and the new California Pacific Medical Center Hospital on Van Ness Avenue.
In this role, the ideal candidate will develop and execute high-quality integrated communications programs from conception to execution to placement.
- Development and delivery of strategic communications roadmap powered by a narrative engine that leverages the assets and stories of PlanGrid's brand, product advances, and key company leaders
- Continue to strengthen collaborative relationships with key construction trades, regional, tech, and business outlets
- Ensure a steady drumbeat of news coverage by crafting press releases and bylines, securing interviews, and supporting launch events
- Work effectively cross-functionally to influence, manage, and drive the communications roadmap and narratives across internal departments
- Safeguard PlanGrid's brand through rapid yet thorough crisis response plans to address technical incidents including communications to customers and the press.
- Successfully raise PlanGrid's profile at major industry events and conferences. Lead a function that continually preps and pitches executive and senior leadership speakers from all key disciplines
- Create a spokesperson certification program and prep execs for speaking events and media opportunities
- Minimum of 10 years experience in comms ideally at a high tech company
- Expert writing skills with ability to write in a variety of styles and media, including business-to-business communications, executive bylines, and other corporate communications
- Experience presenting to executive leaders, board members, C-level customers, and a variety of internal and external audiences
- Experience building and executing media campaigns, crisis management plans, and advising C-suite leadership
- Proven ability to create and utilize strong media and key influencer relationships to drive results; experience working with journalists at key outlets across print, broadcast, and online channels
- Demonstrates excellence in execution; aligns key stakeholders to decisions; highly collaborative with cross-functional partners and customers; knows how to get desired stories told
- Exceptional team player that champions breakthrough ideas and initiatives
PlanGrid solves a major problem for a 7,000 year old industry. Construction data is shackled in legacy, paper blueprints that are clunky, heavy to carry, and result in enormous rework costs totaling $9 billion per year for the industry due to working from outdated plans.
PlanGrid was built by builders, for builders. We’re spearheading the industry’s transformation to the cloud and digitization by arming construction workers with the best productivity tools. Contractors, owners, designers, and architects worldwide maximize PlanGrid to finish their projects on time and under budget. PlanGrid currently stores over 50 million blueprints, making us the largest digital blueprint repository in the world. We emerged from Y Combinator in 2012, and have secured over $62 million in funding from world-renowned organizations and individuals including Sequoia, Founders Fund, GV, 500 Startups, Box, Northgate, Spectrum 28, and Tenaya Capital.
- Located in San Francisco’s Mission District just one block from BART, among local shops, bars, and restaurants
- Flexible vacation
- Dog-friendly office
- Clipper Cards (for public transportation) funded by PlanGrid
- Construction site tours of the biggest projects in San Francisco using PlanGrid
- Volunteer time off: We encourage employees to give back to our local communities. We organize volunteer days and have worked with organizations such as Glide, SF/Marin Food Bank, Muttville, Family Dog Rescue, and Bryant Elementary School (as part of PlanGrid’s commitment with Circle the Schools).
- Catered lunches
- Robust medical/dental/vision coverage options for you/any dependents
- Office is wheelchair accessible