Manager, iOS Engineering
San Francisco, CA
R&D – Engineering
About the Role:
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to lead our world-class iOS team. Our users are building some of the most amazing construction projects around the world, and our mobile apps are critical tools in their workflows.
As the Engineering Manager of the iOS team you will be responsible for leading and expanding our team of six engineers.
Here's how the team operates today - we're curious to see how your ideas will shape the team in future.
We expect you to join as an Engineer for some period of time before taking over the Engineering Manager role.
What you'll do
- Ensure the iOS team executes well across various feature teams
- Be responsible for stability and quality of the iOS app
- Challenge team members and help them grow
- Collaborate with product and design to estimate, scope and iterate on upcoming projects
- Recruit, hire and develop team members
- Have high expectations for your team and yourself
- Have significant experience building iOS apps such that even our strongest team members can learn something from you
- Have a track record of leading high performing teams. This doesn't mean you must have been a people manager, but you should have led/mentored a small group of engineers in some capacity
- Are a crystal clear communicator in verbal and written form
- Have a desire to understand the larger engineering org as well as the product and business as a whole
- Foster an environment that combines debate, collaboration, honesty and a strong focus on results
- Located in San Francisco’s Mission District just one block from BART, among local shops, bars, and restaurants
- Flexible vacation
- Dog-friendly office
- Clipper Cards (for public transportation) funded by PlanGrid
- Construction site tours of the biggest projects in San Francisco using PlanGrid
- Volunteer time off: We encourage employees to give back to our local communities. We organize volunteer days and have worked with organizations such as Glide, SF/Marin Food Bank, Muttville, Family Dog Rescue, and Bryant Elementary School (as part of PlanGrid’s commitment with Circle the Schools).
- Catered lunches
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
- Office is wheelchair accessible
- Parental leave for both parents
PlanGrid is the leader in construction productivity software. Used on more than 1 million projects around the world, PlanGrid's value extends over numerous phases of construction, building a massive and accurate history of every jobsite through everyday use that creates a data-rich record set at turnover that is essential to long-term operations.
PlanGrid is the first construction productivity software that allows contractors and owners in commercial, heavy civil, and other industries to collaborate easily from their mobile devices and desktop. PlanGrid is used in more than 70 countries by thousands of customers including DPR, Granite, NVIDIA, Target Corporation, and Tutor Perini. PlanGrid was a member of Y Combinator’s 2012 Winter Class, and has secured over $62 million in funding from Sequoia, Tenaya Capital Founders Fund, GV, 500 Startups, Box, Northgate, and Spectrum 28. For more information, please visit: https://www.plangrid.com/.