Security Operations Engineer
San Francisco, CA
R&D – Engineering
About the Role:
PlanGrid is used on thousands of construction projects (including hospitals, government buildings, universities, utility plants, etc.), and we must do everything in our power to keep our 40M+ blueprints secure for our customers. As a Security Operations Engineer, you will be responsible for securing and monitoring the infrastructure that supports the product. You will work with infrastructure and engineering teams to design and build secure infrastructure and components and generally solve security challenges. The Security Operations Engineer will lead threat modeling and infrastructure security reviews while setting standards and defining best practices for the R&D organization.
About the Role:
- Take lead on threat hunting, IOC (indicators of compromise) analysis, and incident response
- Help implement and fine-tune our security tools, such as endpoint protection, SIEM, vulnerability assessment, and cloud security monitoring
- Work to address the most severe security alerts and incidents, including full cycle of detection, analysis, containment, eradication, recovery and post-mortem improvement
- Use software to automate enforcement of security policies across the entire organization
- Develop and lead training on common security pitfalls, like phishing, social engineering, and general security awareness
- Build internal security tools that help fix security problems at scale
- Experience or working knowledge of modern cloud SaaS infrastructure
- Demonstrated expertise in security operations and monitoring
- Experience with incident response, either in-house or through an outsourced service provider
- Someone who is always thinking about attack vectors in which PII and PHI can be compromised
- Familiarity with AWS and scripting languages
- Highly effective communication skills, in both verbal and written forms, to effectively convey technical and non-technical concepts to a wide variety of audiences
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree with 4 years of experience securing complex production environments.
- Strong knowledge of infrastructure components
- Knowledge of various security tools and architecture
- Knack for finding security flaws and ability to efficiently communicate how to fix them
- Strong communicator who is accustomed to working closely with an infrastructure team
- Ability to think about problems from an out-of-the box perspective; doesn’t always default to industry norms
- Ability to think like an attacker and use that context to develop threat models.
- Located in San Francisco’s Mission District just one block from BART, among local shops, bars, and restaurants
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and dependents
- 401k + Company matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- $500 annual wellness reimbursement
- Volunteering on company time + employee donation matching
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Dog-friendly office
- Catered lunches 3x/week
- We provide paid parental leave for both parents
- Construction site tours of the biggest projects in San Francisco using PlanGrid
PlanGrid, an Autodesk company, builds simple, beautiful software construction teams love to use. The company’s mobile-first technology gives general contractors, subs, owners and architects access to information in real-time, enables greater collaboration and provides actionable insights. With PlanGrid, any construction team member can manage and update blueprints, specs, photos, RFIs, field reports, punchlists and other information from any device. PlanGrid is used on more than 1.5 million projects across commercial, heavy civil and other industries in 90+ countries. Headquartered in San Francisco and founded in 2011, PlanGrid was acquired by Autodesk in 2018. Visit us at www.plangrid.com.
PlanGrid is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information
As part of GDPR compliance procedures, we have posted our Recruiting Privacy Notice on our website. Please also note that the advertised position is an opportunity with Autodesk, Inc. (https://www.autodesk.com/), as Autodesk recently acquired PlanGrid. Processing of your personal information as part of the job application process, and as part of Autodesk employment should a candidate be hired, will be handled by Autodesk pursuant to Autodesk’s Candidate Privacy Statement, available at: https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/www/content/careers/autodesk_candidate_privacy_statement.pdf.