San Francisco, CA
R&D – Product & Design
As the design manager leading our Enterprise Foundation team, you will lead a team of designers to tackle challenging, high impact projects that shape the direction of PlanGrid. You will own and drive our design system, working hand-in-hand with engineering and product partners. You will also lead product design strategy for our on-boarding and standardization experience. This role reports directly to the Head of Design.
You have experience:
- Designing products that bring simplicity to an otherwise complex user problem
- 5+ years working with product teams to ship experiences users love
- Hiring, managing, and coaching a high-performing design team
- Leading design projects that demonstrate significant customer and business impact while considering every aspect of the user journey
- Influential, strategic thought partner who helps to shape the organization’s perspective on design
Your skills include:
- Broad design, UX, and strategy toolkit: design thinking and facilitation, service design perspective, lean UX, experimentation, design systems, prototyping, and more
- Excellent people and project management skills
- Helping teams navigate ambiguity, craft a strategic plan, and drive execution
- Strong visual intuition with an understanding of composition, balance, symmetry, whitespace, and typography
- Comfortable designing for multiple platforms (PlanGrid is on web, iOS, Android, and Windows). Understands technical constraints and can articulate ideas to PM and Engineering.
- Experience reimagining and redesigning large, complex enterprise products
- Passion for building design-centric organizations
- High business and product acumen
- Thought leadership and innovation
- Located in San Francisco’s Mission District just one block from BART, among local shops, bars, and restaurants
- Clipper Cards (for public transportation) funded by PlanGrid
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and dependents
- Flexible vacation
- Construction site tours of the biggest projects in San Francisco using PlanGrid
- Volunteer time off: We encourage employees to give back to our local communities. We organize volunteer days and have worked with organizations such as Glide, SF/Marin Food Bank, Muttville, Family Dog Rescue, and Bryant Elementary School (as part of PlanGrid’s commitment with Circle the Schools).
- Dog-friendly office
- Catered lunches
- Office is wheelchair accessible
- We provide paid parental leave for both parents
PlanGrid is the leader in construction productivity software. Used on more than 1 million projects around the world, PlanGrid's value extends over numerous phases of construction, building a massive and accurate history of every jobsite through everyday use that creates a data-rich record set at turnover that is essential to long-term operations.
PlanGrid is the first construction productivity software that allows contractors and owners in commercial, heavy civil, and other industries to collaborate easily from their mobile devices and desktop. PlanGrid is used in more than 79 countries by thousands of customers including DPR, Granite, NVIDIA, Target Corporation, and Tutor Perini. PlanGrid was a member of Y Combinator’s 2012 Winter Class, and has secured over $69 million in funding from Sequoia, Tenaya Capital Founders Fund, GV, 500 Startups, Box, Northgate, and Spectrum 28.
For more information, please visit: https://www.plangrid.com/.
PlanGrid is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information
As part of GDPR compliance procedures, we have posted our Recruiting Privacy Notice on our website.