San Francisco, CA
R&D – Engineering
About the Role:
PlanGrid is on a mission to build the future faster by creating beautiful software for the trillion dollar construction industry. Construction is one of the oldest industries on the planet, and right now it is stuck in the past. We’re changing that by building tools that automate the mundane tasks around collaboration, planning and version control (think version control for blueprints). Our users are building some of the most amazing construction projects in the world, and our platform is their central information point.
We are open to remote engineers!
About our Tech Stack:
We are currently re-engineering our Android app to make the code cleaner, faster, more reusable, and more testable. As part of that we will be targeting Android API level 19. We use SQLLite for our database layer as well as several of Square’s libraries such as OkHttp, Retrofit for easier networking. For high speed rendering we use OpenGL and will be considering using native code (C++ via NDK) if and where it makes sense.
You will also be expected to work with other teams, not just Android, and their stack is extremely diverse so you will get exposure to lots of technologies including, but not limited to, iOS, Python, PostgreSQL, Mongo, and .NET.
As an Android Engineer, you will tackle difficult and interesting challenges for Android. Things like:
- Building near real-time collaboration and markup for construction drawings
- Building slick and responsive UI that can handle millions of user generated data points (like photos and annotations)
- Replacing Excel workflows with simple, powerful tools that work great on mobile Android devices (both phones and tablets)
- Have at least 3 years of Android or client side Java experience
- Have the passion and dedication to write highly performant and reliable code
- Love solving tricky problems
- Have a technical undergraduate degree or higher (CS, Math, Engineering, etc.)
- Team player – you love to teach others about cool new tricks you learned and absorb tips and tricks from developers; love solving problems as a team across platforms
- Located in San Francisco’s Mission District just one block from BART, among local shops, bars, and restaurants
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and dependents
- 401k + Company matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- $500 annual wellness reimbursement
- Volunteering on company time + employee donation matching
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Dog-friendly office
- Catered lunches 3x/week
- We provide paid parental leave for both parents
- Construction site tours of the biggest projects in San Francisco using PlanGrid
PlanGrid is the leader in construction productivity software. Used on more than 1 million projects around the world, PlanGrid's value extends over numerous phases of construction, building a massive and accurate history of every jobsite through everyday use that creates a data-rich record set at turnover that is essential to long-term operations.
PlanGrid is the first construction productivity software that allows contractors and owners in commercial, heavy civil, and other industries to collaborate easily from their mobile devices and desktop. PlanGrid is used in more than 79 countries by thousands of customers including DPR, Granite, NVIDIA, Target Corporation, and Tutor Perini. PlanGrid was a member of Y Combinator’s 2012 Winter Class, and has secured over $69 million in funding from Sequoia, Tenaya Capital Founders Fund, GV, 500 Startups, Box, Northgate, and Spectrum 28.
For more information, please visit: https://www.plangrid.com/.
PlanGrid is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information
As part of GDPR compliance procedures, we have posted our Recruiting Privacy Notice on our website. Please also note that the advertised position is an opportunity with Autodesk, Inc. (https://www.autodesk.com/), as Autodesk recently acquired PlanGrid. Processing of your personal information as part of the job application process, and as part of Autodesk employment should a candidate be hired, will be handled by Autodesk pursuant to Autodesk’s Candidate Privacy Statement, available at: https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/www/content/careers/autodesk_candidate_privacy_statement.pdf.