UX Research Manager
San Francisco, CA
R&D – Product & Design
As a research manager you will lead a team of researchers to tackle challenging, high impact projects that shape the direction of PlanGrid’s already-successful construction productivity tools. You’ll oversee the direction of user archetypes and journeys as they infuse the entire organization with customer awareness, add structure and clarity to our R&D customer exposure hours program, and work hand-in-hand with engineering, product, and design partners to keep our teams informed with the right research at the right time. Overall, you’ll help push our well-established and well-respected research team to an even higher level of internal alignment and strategic impact. This role reports directly to the Head of Design.
- Distilling insights, provocations, and direction from complex behavior and environments
- 7+ years working with product teams to ship experiences that users love
- Hiring, managing, and coaching a high-performing research team
- Leading research projects that demonstrate significant customer and business impact
- Being an influential and strategic partner, shaping an organization’s perspective on research
- Building design-centric teams and organizations
Your skills include:
- Broad UX, research, and strategy toolkit: design thinking and facilitation, service design perspective, lean UX, research frameworks, visual mapping and modeling
- Managing people (helping them learn, grow, and succeed)
- Helping teams navigate the end-to-end design and development process with evidence-based insight from real-world behavior
- Strong conceptual intuition: identifying the core concepts of a problem or opportunity, guiding teams and individuals to focus on what matters
- Curiosity: a passion for all kinds of learning, teaching, and sharing
- Experience reimagining and redesigning large, complex enterprise products
- Experience with natural wine or the work of Christopher Alexander
- Business and product acumen
- Thought leadership and original contributions to the practice of research
- Located in San Francisco’s Mission District just one block from BART, among local shops, bars, and restaurants
- Clipper Cards (for public transportation) funded by PlanGrid
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and dependents
- Flexible vacation
- Construction site tours of the biggest projects in San Francisco using PlanGrid
- Volunteer time off: We encourage employees to give back to our local communities. We organize volunteer days and have worked with organizations such as Glide, SF/Marin Food Bank, Muttville, Family Dog Rescue, and Bryant Elementary School (as part of PlanGrid’s commitment with Circle the Schools).
- Dog-friendly office
- Catered lunches
- Office is wheelchair accessible
- We provide paid parental leave for both parents
PlanGrid is the leader in construction productivity software. Used on more than 1 million projects around the world, PlanGrid's value extends over numerous phases of construction, building a massive and accurate history of every jobsite through everyday use that creates a data-rich record set at turnover that is essential to long-term operations.
PlanGrid is the first construction productivity software that allows contractors and owners in commercial, heavy civil, and other industries to collaborate easily from their mobile devices and desktop. PlanGrid is used in more than 79 countries by thousands of customers including DPR, Granite, NVIDIA, Target Corporation, and Tutor Perini. PlanGrid was a member of Y Combinator’s 2012 Winter Class, and has secured over $69 million in funding from Sequoia, Tenaya Capital Founders Fund, GV, 500 Startups, Box, Northgate, and Spectrum 28.
For more information, please visit: https://www.plangrid.com/.
PlanGrid is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information
As part of GDPR compliance procedures, we have posted our Recruiting Privacy Notice on our website.