San Francisco, CA
PlanGrid is looking for a hands-on, tech savvy, problem-solving aficionado/a to join us as an IT Technician.
The IT Technician at PlanGrid is a position that will require a wide range of experience, from Active Directory administration (GPOs included) to mobile device and patch management to configuring SaaS apps for SAML via Okta.
The environment is very fast paced and SaaS forward. We are leveraging SaaS in order to be a lightweight and nimble IT department. Gone are the days of full disk imaging for deployment and replacing internal components in laptops (for the most part), our goal is to never have to touch a laptop/tablet/phone for deployment, yet still be able to manage the device over its lifetime.
Currently, PlanGrid is in a state of growth. We're not so big that we have IT roles separated out, or too small to not be doing anything of interest. This gives any prospective IT team member a unique opportunity to gain experience across a wide range of technologies and systems that may not be available at more established or smaller companies.
This is an integral role for our growth as a company. We are scaling quickly, and in order for us to continue bringing the trillion dollar construction industry into the future, we need you to help us build and grow our IT infrastructure as we evolve.
About the Job
- Provide frontline support for PlanGrid employees via ticketing and walk-ups
- Set up computers and accounts for new hires
- Assist with IT onboarding and training curriculum
- Design, update, and maintain IT documentation
- Help produce live events, All Hands meetings, Town Hall events, etc.
- Proactively identify and address technical issues across the company
As we scale you will help create and iterate standards, systems, and processes for IT relating to:
- Onboarding processes, help reach zero touch deployment
- Leverage SSO and SAML with Okta
- Mobile Device Management with Meraki and Simian/munki
- Security Patch management for Windows, macOS, and mobile devices.
- Managing a large remote employee base and their devices
- Carry out projects that relate to scaling and securing PlanGrid and its IT capabilities
- You are positive, proactive, and focused on customer service and problem solving
- You have at least 4 years experience in a similar role
- You strive to over-deliver and do so on time
- You have impeccable diagnostic skills and are a master problem-solver
- You are a boss at OS X and Windows troubleshooting in an enterprise environment
- You are a little bit like an office Spider-Wo/man.
- You’re comfortable running cables and crawling under desks
- You have had exposure to G Suite administration, Active Directory, Meraki MDM, Linux command line, External SSO (Okta), and Hypervisors (Hyper-V, proxmox)
- You are results-focused with a past track record of success and promotion
- Experience with Amazon Web Services is a plus
PlanGrid is construction software made for the field. PlanGrid allows plans and markups to be instantaneously shared with everyone on a construction project, no matter where they are. It lets contractors, architects, and building owners collaborate from their desktop or mobile devices. We emerged from Y Combinator in 2012 and has since secured funding from Sequoia Capital, Tenaya Capital, Founders Fund, Northgate, Box, 500 Startups, Y Combinator, Navitas Capital, and Google Ventures.
Our cloud-based platform is storing more than 30 million construction documents digitally, making us the biggest digital repository in the world.
We’re located in the Mission district in San Francisco (1 block from BART). Our office is wheelchair accessible.
Learn more about us at plangrid.com/about
- Health/dental/vision insurance with zero contributions for you or your dependents
- Construction site tours of the biggest projects in SF using PlanGrid (past tours include: SF General Hospital, etc etc)
- Conference fund to support ongoing learning + development
- Catered lunches 3x/week
- Clipper Benefits
- Flexible vacation