San Francisco, CA
R&D – Engineering
We are looking for a Director of Engineering to partner with our Engineering Leadership team to help grow our organization. PlanGrid is on a mission to build the future faster by creating beautiful software for construction, one of the oldest an largest industries on the planet. We're changing that by building tools that automate the mundane tasks around collaboration, planning and version control (think Google Docs for blueprints). Our users are building some of the most amazing construction projects in the world, and our platform is their central information point.
What You'll Do
- Co-define, along with Group Product Managers and Group Design Managers, their group's mission and the business impact their group will deliver
- Co-own, along with Group Product Managers and Group Design Managers, the strategy and plan for achieving the desired business impact
- Ensure the delivery of timely and high quality software required to achieve desired business impact - take responsibility for the overall planning, execution and successful delivery of complex technical projects
- Provide technical vision and lead a multi-year technical roadmap
- Recruit, manage and grow a global team of software engineers and first line managers.
- Develop and grow leadership talent through effective mentoring, coaching, succession planning and retention strategies for key talent in a fast growth, highly competitive economic environment.
- Inspire world-class global software engineering teams to innovate, invent, implement and deploy complex software solutions in a commercial, mission-critical environment.
- Develop a deep understanding of the challenges and opportunities to improve an industry that’s historically lacked technology.
- 10+ years of experience in engineering
- 3+ years experience leading organizations of more than 20 engineers'
- 3+ years experience managing managers
- Ability to recruit and develop top technical talent
- Experience managing multiple teams that execute and deliver in parallel
- Experience building and managing cloud computing based products
- Ability to set and drive the “big picture” strategy while also having the capability to provide detailed technical guidance to the team, enabling them to execute more effectively and deliver products
- High EQ and ability to inspire and motivate the engineering team to work together as a cohesive and highly productive unit
- Ability to run local and remote teams across multiple time zones
- Experience working with multiple stake holders and addressing conflicting requests from them
- A passion for technology and technical depth to uncover root causes of complex technical problems and provide guidance on solving them
PlanGrid is the leader in construction productivity software. Used on more than 1 million projects around the world, PlanGrid's value extends over numerous phases of construction, building a massive and accurate history of every jobsite through everyday use that creates a data-rich record set at turnover that is essential to long-term operations.
PlanGrid is the first construction productivity software that allows contractors and owners in commercial, heavy civil, and other industries to collaborate easily from their mobile devices and desktop. PlanGrid is used in more than 79 countries by thousands of customers including DPR, Granite, NVIDIA, Target Corporation, and Tutor Perini. PlanGrid was a member of Y Combinator’s 2012 Winter Class, and has secured over $69 million in funding from Sequoia, Tenaya Capital Founders Fund, GV, 500 Startups, Box, Northgate, and Spectrum 28.
For more information, please visit: https://www.plangrid.com/.
PlanGrid is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information
As part of GDPR compliance procedures, we have posted our Recruiting Privacy Notice on our website.