VP of HR
San Francisco, CA
The VP of Human Resources guides and manages the overall provision of Human Resources services, policies, and programs for the entire company.
The VP of HR originates and leads Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce. This leader coordinates implementation of services, policies, and programs through Human Resources staff; reports to the CEO and serves on the executive management team; and assists and advises company managers about Human Resources issues.
The major areas directed are
- Employment and compliance to regulatory concerns
- Employee orientation, development, and training
- Recruiting and staffing
- Performance management, HRIS and improvement systems
- Policy development and documentation
- Compensation and benefits administration
- Employee safety, welfare, wellness and health
- Employee relations, employee services and counseling
- Company employee and community communication
- Safety of the workforce
- Development of a superior work force
- Development of the Human Resources department
- Development of an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, high performance and ongoing personal development
Education and experience
- 10+ years of progressive leadership experience in Human Resources positions
- Built and led the Human Resources function in a high growth startup and taken it through IPO (pre-400 employees up to 1,000+)
- Supported companies with large field sales team
- Supported companies with international presence
- Specialized training in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, training, and preventive labor relations
PlanGrid solves a major problem for a 7,000 year old industry. Construction data is shackled in legacy, paper blueprints that are clunky, heavy to carry, and result in enormous rework costs totaling $9 billion per year for the industry due to working from outdated plans.
PlanGrid was built by builders, for builders. We’re spearheading the industry’s transformation to the cloud and digitization by arming construction workers with the best productivity tools. Contractors, owners, designers, and architects worldwide maximize PlanGrid to finish their projects on time and under budget. PlanGrid currently stores over 50 million blueprints, making us the largest digital blueprint repository in the world. We emerged from Y Combinator in 2012, and have secured over $62 million in funding from world-renowned organizations and individuals including Sequoia, Founders Fund, GV, 500 Startups, Box, Northgate, Spectrum 28, and Tenaya Capital.
- Located in San Francisco’s Mission District just one block from BART, among local shops, bars, and restaurants
- Flexible vacation
- Dog-friendly office
- Clipper Cards (for public transportation) funded by PlanGrid
- Construction site tours of the biggest projects in San Francisco using PlanGrid
- Volunteer time off: We encourage employees to give back to our local communities. We organize volunteer days and have worked with organizations such as Glide, SF/Marin Food Bank, Muttville, Family Dog Rescue, and Bryant Elementary School (as part of PlanGrid’s commitment with Circle the Schools).
- Catered lunches
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
- Office is wheelchair accessible