San Francisco, CA
G&A – IT
PlanGrid (Y Combinator W12) is looking for a hands-on, tech savvy, problem-solving aficionado/a to join us as our IT Lead.
The IT Lead at PlanGrid is a position that will require a wide range of experience, from wireless networking, to mobile device management to configuring SaaS apps for SAML via Okta. You’ll be a hands on technical leader overseeing day-to-day IT support operations for PlanGrid. You’ll be working to build and maintain IT support documentation and tools, coordinate schedules, administer IT queues, resolve critical issues and drive IT initiatives and projects.
The environment is very fast paced and SaaS forward. We are leveraging SaaS in order to be a lightweight and nimble IT department. Gone are the days of full disk imaging for deployment and replacing internal components in laptops (for the most part), our goal is to never have to touch a laptop/tablet/phone for deployment, yet still be able to manage the device over it’s lifetime.
This is an integral role for our growth as a company. We are scaling quickly, and in order for us to continue bringing the trillion dollar industry of construction into the future, we need you to help us build and grow our IT infrastructure as we evolve. That's where you come in.
About the Role:
- Responsible for overall helpdesk performance
- Making sure SLAs are met
- Resolving tier 2 and 3 tickets
- Ensuring there is always coverage for PlanGrid’s employees
- Mentor Helpdesk techs to help reach their career goals in areas like:
- Project management
- Advanced command line and networking
- Lead Projects/Initiatives
- Deployment of software
- Creation and deployment of various security packages/configurations.
- Will help with the maintenance and configuration of existing systems/resources:
- Active Directory
- Corporate network
- Mobile Device Management Suite
- SSO Provider
- Create and maintain documentation for end users and IT staff.
- Leverage existing infrastructure to increase automation across the enterprise
- Help onboard new employees and optimize the process to make it even smoother and more awesome. First impressions are the most lasting!
- As we scale, work with IT Director to evaluate and recommend best practices in systems and security as we grow. Proactively identify resource gaps and propose plans of action.
- You have a customer-focused approach to what you do (for this role, the customers will largely be our employees).
- You have at least 4 years experience in a similar role
- You strive to over-deliver and do so on time.
- You have impeccable diagnostic skills and are a master problem-solver
- You have strong networking skills, comfortable configuring and administering a VPN
- You are a boss at OS X troubleshooting in an enterprise environment
- You have command line experience and system deployment experience
- You are a little bit like an office Spider-Man. You’re comfortable running cables and crawling under desks
- You have had exposure to Active Directory, Meraki MDM, Linux command line, External SSO (Okta) and Hypervisors (Hyper-V, proxmox)
- You are a delight to work with and have a sense of humor. You're the good kind of weird
- You are results-focused with a past track record of success and promotion
- Experience with Amazon Web Services is a plus.
- Located in San Francisco’s Mission District just one block from BART, among local shops, bars, and restaurants
- Clipper Cards (for public transportation) funded by PlanGrid
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and dependents
- Flexible vacation
- Construction site tours of the biggest projects in San Francisco using PlanGrid
- Volunteer time off: We encourage employees to give back to our local communities. We organize volunteer days and have worked with organizations such as Glide, SF/Marin Food Bank, Muttville, Family Dog Rescue, and Bryant Elementary School (as part of PlanGrid’s commitment with Circle the Schools).
- Dog-friendly office
- Catered lunches
- Office is wheelchair accessible
- We provide paid parental leave for both parents
PlanGrid is the leader in construction productivity software. Used on more than 1 million projects around the world, PlanGrid's value extends over numerous phases of construction, building a massive and accurate history of every jobsite through everyday use that creates a data-rich record set at turnover that is essential to long-term operations.
PlanGrid is the first construction productivity software that allows contractors and owners in commercial, heavy civil, and other industries to collaborate easily from their mobile devices and desktop. PlanGrid is used in more than 70 countries by thousands of customers including DPR, Granite, NVIDIA, Target Corporation, and Tutor Perini. PlanGrid was a member of Y Combinator’s 2012 Winter Class, and has secured over $62 million in funding from Sequoia, Tenaya Capital Founders Fund, GV, 500 Startups, Box, Northgate, and Spectrum 28. For more information, please visit: https://www.plangrid.com/.