San Francisco, CA
Marketing – Marketing
About the Role:
Our Marketing team is looking for a Front End Developer to help build out our website (www.plangrid.com) with the opportunity to move into web app development in the future. Our customers are building some of the most amazing construction projects on the planet, and PlanGrid allows them to be radically more efficient.
We realize that few people will have experiences that run the gamut of what this role requires day-to-day, so we’re looking for people with a track record of success of providing insanely great customer experiences. We value diversity and recognize that smart people from a wide range of backgrounds are the key ingredient to building the best products.
PlanGrid is committed to support you to do great work, use technologies you like, alongside peers you respect. You’ll do this on a product that delights users, has made money from the day it launched, and grown steadily ever since. If that sounds like the environment for you, we’d love for you to build and grow with us.
In order to help meet customer needs, candidates must:
- Be able to turn visual mockups into performant HTML/CSS/JS
- Communicate with designers and stakeholders on technical trade offs and limitations
- Be proficient in modern web technologies & Frameworks (ES6, CSS3, React/Preact, PWAs)
- Be able to construct responsive and accessible websites
Ideally, candidates will also have experience:
- Using modern build systems (Webpack, Babel)
- Writing highly scalable, reliable front-end web applications
- Feel at home using modern web testing frameworks. (Karma/Jasmine, Jest, etc)
- With Computer Science Fundamentals (Data Structures, Theory Basics, etc.)
Other things we value:
- A preference for quality over quantity: You understand the technology, build the appropriate solution to get the job done, and appreciate a team that holds each other to a high standard.
- Ownership and pride over everything you ship: You'd never call code "released" until you’re confident it provides real value.
- Deep customer empathy: You recognize the value in solving real customer problems and strive to use the best conceptual models to frame the problem.
- A love of building elegant, maintainable code: Abstracting and refactoring should be a passion, not a chore.
- Team players: You recognize that the ‘whole is greater than the sum of its parts,’ appreciate collaboration, and do your part to make the larger team win.
- Pragmatism: You consider the many tradeoffs (business, technical, UX, speed, accuracy, complexity) inherent in every decision.
- Located in San Francisco’s Mission District just one block from BART, among local shops, bars, and restaurants
- Clipper Cards (for public transportation) funded by PlanGrid
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and dependents
- Flexible vacation
- Construction site tours of the biggest projects in San Francisco using PlanGrid
- Volunteer time off: We encourage employees to give back to our local communities. We organize volunteer days and have worked with organizations such as Glide, SF/Marin Food Bank, Muttville, Family Dog Rescue, and Bryant Elementary School (as part of PlanGrid’s commitment with Circle the Schools).
- Dog-friendly office
- Catered lunches
- Office is wheelchair accessible
- We provide paid parental leave for both parents
PlanGrid is the leader in construction productivity software. Used on more than 1 million projects around the world, PlanGrid's value extends over numerous phases of construction, building a massive and accurate history of every jobsite through everyday use that creates a data-rich record set at turnover that is essential to long-term operations.
PlanGrid is the first construction productivity software that allows contractors and owners in commercial, heavy civil, and other industries to collaborate easily from their mobile devices and desktop. PlanGrid is used in more than 70 countries by thousands of customers including DPR, Granite, NVIDIA, Target Corporation, and Tutor Perini. PlanGrid was a member of Y Combinator’s 2012 Winter Class, and has secured over $62 million in funding from Sequoia, Tenaya Capital Founders Fund, GV, 500 Startups, Box, Northgate, and Spectrum 28. For more information, please visit: https://www.plangrid.com/.