Engineering Manager: SRS
San Francisco, CA
R&D – Engineering
About the Role:
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to lead one of our cross-functional engineering teams working on core product. Our users are building some of the most amazing construction projects around the world, and our mobile & web apps are critical tools in their workflows.
As an Engineering Manager of this cross-functional engineering team you will be responsible for leading and expanding our team of seven engineers. Team members work across the following stacks: Backend (Python, Postgres), Frontend, iOS, Android, Windows. You will be responsible to help define best engineering practices and a clear path forward to move backend platform projects and components into a new microservice framework to increase engineering efficiency. You will also have additional syseng responsibilities to ensure we design, build, and ship systems that can be easily monitor, managed, and scaled.
We expect you to join as an Engineer for some period of time before taking over the Engineering Manager role.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate closely with your product and design counterparts to estimate, scope and iterate on upcoming projects
- Work with cross functional teams to define next generation deliveries for backend platform projects and components to be faster and leaner
- Ensure everyone on the engineering team has a clearly prioritized backlog of work and that they understand the context of their projects
- Hands on with design and implementation tasks
- Manage projects and releases to the satisfaction of peers
- Be responsible for stability and quality of the features shipped on your team
- Participate in technical reviews for upcoming projects and help shape implementation tactics, keeping short-term customer value and the longer-term technical foundation in mind
- Challenge team members and help them grow
- Syseng responsibilities for Production
- Recruit, hire and develop team members
- 3-5 years of individual contributor on a highly scalable project team
- 5+ years of experience managing a diverse team and delivering results (managing remote teams a plus)
- Have high expectations for your team and yourself
- Have significant experience shipping software such that even our strongest team members can learn something from you
- Are a crystal clear communicator in verbal and written form
- Have a desire to understand the larger engineering org as well as the product and business as a whole
- Foster an environment that combines debate, collaboration, honesty and a strong focus on results
- Quick learner to adapt to new technologies and tools
- Advocate for improving engineering efficiencies and increase quality
- Located in San Francisco’s Mission District just one block from BART, among local shops, bars, and restaurants
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and dependents
- 401k + Company matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- $500 annual wellness reimbursement
- Volunteering on company time + employee donation matching
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Dog-friendly office
- Catered lunches 3x/week
- We provide paid parental leave for both parents
- Construction site tours of the biggest projects in San Francisco using PlanGrid
PlanGrid, an Autodesk company, builds simple, beautiful software construction teams love to use. The company’s mobile-first technology gives general contractors, subs, owners and architects access to information in real-time, enables greater collaboration and provides actionable insights. With PlanGrid, any construction team member can manage and update blueprints, specs, photos, RFIs, field reports, punchlists and other information from any device. PlanGrid is used on more than 1.5 million projects across commercial, heavy civil and other industries in 90+ countries. Headquartered in San Francisco and founded in 2011, PlanGrid was acquired by Autodesk in 2018. Visit us at www.plangrid.com.
PlanGrid is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information
As part of GDPR compliance procedures, we have posted our Recruiting Privacy Notice on our website. Please also note that the advertised position is an opportunity with Autodesk, Inc. (https://www.autodesk.com/), as Autodesk recently acquired PlanGrid. Processing of your personal information as part of the job application process, and as part of Autodesk employment should a candidate be hired, will be handled by Autodesk pursuant to Autodesk’s Candidate Privacy Statement, available at: https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/www/content/careers/autodesk_candidate_privacy_statement.pdf.