Manager, Marketing Operations
San Francisco, CA
PlanGrid is transforming the way buildings get built. We’re shaking up the trillion dollar construction industry by creating the world’s first mobile field collaboration app. PlanGrid replaces the headache of stacks of paper, costly mistakes and coordination nightmares with simple, beautiful tablet and smartphone solutions. More than 40 million blueprints are stored in our cloud, and our customers are adding 4,000 new projects every week such as San Francisco’s SFMoMA, Levis Stadium, hospitals, heavy civil projects and much more. More than 75,000 people use PlanGrid in more than 70 countries around the world.
The Marketing Ops position a critical role overseeing all mission critical marketing systems for the business. We are looking for someone who has proven analytical and strategic experience and is able to develop and implement creative solutions to operational challenges. You must have strong attention to detail, be well organized and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously. You should thrive, not stress, in a fast-paced environment. People management experience is a strong plus. This position reports to the Sr. Director, Marketing based in San Francisco, California.
About the Role: Martech Operations
- Strategic and tactical oversight of PlanGrid’s marketing automation platform (currently Pardot) and the interactions with other integrated systems such as Salesforce.com, Looker, predictive scoring solutions, external data sources and more.
- Responsibilities include definition and creation of best practices as it relates to data flowing through systems and ultimately to the sales team, marketing campaigns, lead scoring and prioritization, data integrity, data appends...etc.
- Optimize lead scoring and distribution methodology to ensure quality leads are passed to sales development for qualification and for increasing efficiencies and conversion rates.
- Ensure accurate synchronization between Pardot and Salesforce.com databases.
- Ensure processes and best practices are in place to maintain the integrity of the Pardot and CRM data.
- Effectively manage a variety of technology, data, and service vendors.
- Segment and leverage the marketing database for greater campaign efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provide leadership in defining, mapping, and documenting key marketing processes.
- Identify and develop best practices; build templates to allow program teams to create best-in-class campaigns; develop marketing automation playbook and train the Marketing and Sales teams as needed.
- Work closely with Sales Operations to ensure Salesforce.com meets the needs of Marketing.
- Troubleshoot and QA campaigns, workflows, data issues and other key marketing ops functions.
- Provide exemplary service to internal customers such as Sales, Marketing program managers, and execs as needed.
About the Role: Analytics & Reporting
- Leverage Looker, Salesforce.com and Pardot for lead, campaign, and program tracking and analysis.
- Track ROI of marketing activities to ensure effectiveness and continued investment.
- Define business analytics and create dashboards and reports to support Sales and Marketing Operations and measure all aspects of the marketing lead generation engine: database cleanliness, campaign effectiveness, pipeline contribution, overall business performance.
- Analyze data and provide recommendations for Marketing effectiveness.
- Build a marketing analytics program that helps us understand our business and drive net new opportunities.
- Develop a set of executive reports that accurately communicate Marketing effectiveness.
- Quickly implement projects involving diverse and complex data relationships.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a Marketing/Sales Operations role or similar position.
- Experience in business analytics.
- Advanced user of advanced marketing automation systems like Pardot, Marketo and/or Eloqua.
- System Administration and marketing experience using Salesforce.com – comfortable with workflows and APEX triggers.
- Deep expertise and experience in B2B marketing.
- Experience in software, high-tech, or performance marketing is a plus.
- Strong background in data analysis.
- Understanding of data mining, data warehousing, business intelligence, and lead management processes and technologies.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to translate complex data sets into concrete business recommendations for marketing and sales leadership, with the goal to optimize revenue-generating investments.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel. Excellent communication skills: verbal, written, presentation.
- Ability to delegate tasks while providing guidance and oversight to direct reports.
- Innovative, motivated, organized, high-energy team player.
- Process and quality orientation with extreme attention to detail.
- Ability to manage a high performance team and budget.
- Past experience with object-oriented programming languages a plus.
- Undergraduate degree in business, mathematics, engineering, science or a related field from a top-tier university.
PlanGrid solves a major problem for a 7,000 year old industry. Construction data is shackled in legacy, paper blueprints that are clunky, heavy to carry, and result in enormous rework costs totaling $9 billion per year for the industry due to working from outdated plans.
PlanGrid was built by builders, for builders. We’re spearheading the industry’s transformation to the cloud and digitization by arming construction workers with the best productivity tools. Contractors, owners, designers, and architects worldwide maximize PlanGrid to finish their projects on time and under budget. PlanGrid currently stores over 50 million blueprints, making us the largest digital blueprint repository in the world. We emerged from Y Combinator in 2012, and have secured over $62 million in funding from world-renowned organizations and individuals including Sequoia, Founders Fund, GV, 500 Startups, Box, Northgate, Spectrum 28, and Tenaya Capital.
- Located in San Francisco’s Mission District just one block from BART, among local shops, bars, and restaurants
- Flexible vacation
- Dog-friendly office
- Clipper Cards (for public transportation) funded by PlanGrid
- Construction site tours of the biggest projects in San Francisco using PlanGrid
- Volunteer time off: We encourage employees to give back to our local communities. We organize volunteer days and have worked with organizations such as Glide, SF/Marin Food Bank, Muttville, Family Dog Rescue, and Bryant Elementary School (as part of PlanGrid’s commitment with Circle the Schools).
- Catered lunches
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
- Office is wheelchair accessible