VP, Corporate Communications
San Francisco, CA
Marketing – Marketing
We are looking for an experienced and innovative Vice President of Corporate Communications to develop our global communications strategy and execute our ambitious agenda to strengthen our position as a leader in construction productivity software serving the $10T+ construction industry. As the leader of the comms function you will grow and manage a global PR team including both internal employees and external agencies. The scope of your role will include PR and influencer relations, social marketing, thought leadership and other branding initiatives. This role will successfully promote the company and its customers through traditional and social media, support executive communications, and deliver high-impact public and analyst relations programs.
The qualified candidate will be a driven and engaged leader with a successful track record of building and leading communications in a leading B2B SaaS company. The VP of Corporate Communications must have experience across category positioning and messaging, public and analyst relations, thought leadership content, social media, and thought leadership initiatives. Ideally they will have experience supporting pre-IPO and publicly traded companies.
About the Role
- Create, execute and manage a strategic and effective communications plan that supports PlanGrid’s long-term brand building and business goals as well as ongoing, daily communications
- Grow and manage the PR, corporate communications, and social media marketing teams to build the brand and drive demand globally
- Build a content engine that rapidly and continuously delivers high value PR and thought leadership content to drive awareness, lead generation and SEO
- Develop strategic relationships with key media and manage day-to-day media relations.
- Manage the global PR effort to increase positive share of voice. Identify, select and manage PR agencies to deliver results in the form of press articles, awards and visible speaking engagements
- Work with product marketing to develop a strategic AR function to drive positive engagement, mentions and favorable reports from relevant analysts and influencers.
- Create strategy and execute Analyst and Press engagement at events
- Create and execute a strong social media program that drives awareness and engages prospects and customers
- Create and manage a robust calendar of speaking events
- Develop high-quality written materials, including communications narratives; pitch letters, background materials, planning documents, and executive communications
- Partner with other leaders and company groups to make sure corporate communications are in lockstep with and fully leverage other initiatives and programs
- Collaborate with demand generation, product marketing and events to support campaigns and events with relevant content, PR, AR and social media
- Manage a budget and demonstrate ROI and /or results for program & headcount spend
- Measure and report on key success and failure metrics over time
- Serve as company spokesperson as needed for certain media, analyst and public speaking engagements
- 15+ years experience in communications, public relations, and content marketing and marketing strategy in a global capacity in a B2B technology environment
- Superior writing skills, with the ability to develop and edit high-quality materials such communications plans, whitepapers, fact sheets, blogs, bylined articles, trend analysis summaries, executive correspondence, and presentations
- Highly self-motivated with a strong work ethic and a passion and experience building and managing a global marketing team. Ability to motivate a team, set the vision, drive the comms agenda, empower the team and review work product to deliver a high-volume of high-quality work that exceeds expectations
- Experience across public and analyst relations, brand development, content creation, social media and thought leadership campaigns
- Experience working with C-suite leadership and managing executive communications
- Strong ability to collaborate with others for success in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with aggressive growth goals
- Energetic, self-starter and resourceful problem solver – gets things moving and keeps them on track. High attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities
- Expert-level marketing measurement and reporting
- Located in San Francisco’s Mission District just one block from BART, among local shops, bars, and restaurants
- Flexible vacation
- Dog-friendly office
- Clipper Cards (for public transportation) funded by PlanGrid
- Construction site tours of the biggest projects in San Francisco using PlanGrid
- Volunteer time off: We encourage employees to give back to our local communities. We organize volunteer days and have worked with organizations such as Glide, SF/Marin Food Bank, Muttville, Family Dog Rescue, and Bryant Elementary School (as part of PlanGrid’s commitment with Circle the Schools).
- Catered lunches
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
- Office is wheelchair accessible
- Parental leave for both parents
PlanGrid is the leader in construction productivity software. Used on more than 1 million projects around the world, PlanGrid's value extends over numerous phases of construction, building a massive and accurate history of every jobsite through everyday use that creates a data-rich record set at turnover that is essential to long-term operations.
PlanGrid is the first construction productivity software that allows contractors and owners in commercial, heavy civil, and other industries to collaborate easily from their mobile devices and desktop. PlanGrid is used in more than 79 countries by thousands of customers including DPR, Granite, NVIDIA, Target Corporation, and Tutor Perini. PlanGrid was a member of Y Combinator’s 2012 Winter Class, and has secured over $69 million in funding from Sequoia, Tenaya Capital Founders Fund, GV, 500 Startups, Box, Northgate, and Spectrum 28.
For more information, please visit: https://www.plangrid.com/.
PlanGrid is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information
As part of GDPR compliance procedures, we have posted our Recruiting Privacy Notice on our website.