San Francisco, CA
Product & Design
You combine your engineering expertise with your passion for design to bring great user experiences to life. You love exploring new ideas that push the boundaries of what’s possible. You inspire and empower other engineers to do their best work. You help designers think in terms of systems. You’re excited about raising the bar on great experiences for the entire construction industry.
In this role, you’ll work closely with designers and engineers to lead our Design System. You’ll set the vision, strategy, and execution plan. You’ll build systems and tools that increase consistency and efficiency. You’ll educate and evangelize both internally and externally.
- Own and drive the PlanGrid Design System in close partnership with design & engineering; transform web component library into living design system
- Set standards, best practices, and tooling for web & native platforms including CSS & responsive architecture, patterns, naming conventions, design quality, and more
- Close partner with designers to explore new interaction models, define and expand design systems, catch inconsistencies, and prototype with new technologies (VR, IoT)
- Develop tools to help designers & engineers work more quickly & efficiently
- 5+ years industry experience
- Sketch, CSS/HTML, React, iOS, Android, and Windows Skills
- Experience leading UI component libraries and initiatives
- Demonstrated partnership with designers & engineers to ship top quality experiences
- Deeply passionate about shipping amazing user experiences, with an eye for detail
- Strong project/process management skills
- Strong design sensibilities and hands-on design experience
- Experience defining and scaling the role of Design Engineers
- Love tackling novel and challenging design problems
- Familiar with content management systems and other web technologies
- Health/dental/vision insurance with zero contributions for you or your dependents
- Construction site tours of the biggest projects in SF using PlanGrid (past tours include: SF General Hospital, etc etc)
- Conference fund to support ongoing learning + development
- Catered lunches 3x/week
- Whatever gear you want (most engineers have a retina MBPs and Apple Thunderbolt displays)
- Free transit pass
- Flexible vacation
PlanGrid is construction software made for the field. PlanGrid allows plans and markups to be instantaneously shared with everyone on a construction project, no matter where they are. It lets contractors, architects, and building owners collaborate from their desktop or mobile devices. We emerged from Y Combinator in 2012 and has since secured funding from Sequoia Capital, Tenaya Capital, Founders Fund, Northgate, Box, 500 Startups, Y Combinator, Navitas Capital, and Google Ventures.
Our cloud-based platform is storing more than 50 million construction documents digitally, making us the biggest digital repository in the world.
We’re located in the Mission district in San Francisco (1 block from BART). Our office is wheelchair accessible.
Learn more about us at plangrid.com/about