San Francisco, CA
Product & Design
PlanGrid transforms the way buildings get built. We’re shaking up the trillion dollar construction industry by creating the world’s first mobile construction collaboration app. PlanGrid replaces the headache of stacks of paper, costly mistakes and coordination nightmares with simple, beautiful tablet and smartphone solutions. More than 40 million blueprints are stored in our cloud, and our customers are adding 4,000 new projects every week. PlanGrid is used on high-profile projects like SFMoMA, Levis Stadium, and CPMC Hospital on Van Ness.
At PlanGrid, having the best user experience is the key to our success. We’re eager to hire our first Design Engineer to bring a dedicated focus to UI quality. This position reports directly to the Head of Design and will work closely with design and engineering.
You combine your engineering expertise with your passion for design to bring great user experiences to life. You love exploring new ideas that push the boundaries of what’s possible. You inspire and empower other engineers to do their best work. You help designers think in terms of systems. You’re excited about raising the bar on great experiences for the entire construction industry.
What You'll Do
- Own and drive the PlanGrid Design System in close partnership with design & engineering; transform web component library into living design system
- Set standards, best practices, and tooling for web & native platforms including CSS & responsive architecture, patterns, naming conventions, design quality, and more
- Close partnering with designers to explore new interaction models, define and expand design systems, catch inconsistencies, and prototype with new technologies (VR, IoT)
- Develop tools to help designers & engineers work more quickly & efficiently
What You've Done
- 5+ years industry experience
- Professional to Advanced Sketch, CSS/HTML, React, iOS, Android, and Windows Skills
- Experience leading UI component libraries and initiatives
- Demonstrated partnership with designers & engineers to ship top quality experiences
- Deeply passionate about shipping amazing user experiences, with an eye for detail
- Strong project/process management skills
- Excellent design sensibilities and hands-on design experience
- Experience defining and scaling the role of Design Engineers
- Love tackling novel and challenging design problems
- Familiar with content management systems and other web technologies
PlanGrid is construction software made for the field. PlanGrid allows plans and markups to be instantaneously shared with everyone on a construction project, no matter where they are. It lets contractors, architects, and building owners collaborate from their desktop or mobile devices. We emerged from Y Combinator in 2012 and has since secured funding from Sequoia Capital, Tenaya Capital, Founders Fund, Northgate, Box, 500 Startups, Y Combinator, Navitas Capital, and Google Ventures.
Our cloud-based platform is storing more than 50 million construction documents digitally, making us the biggest digital repository in the world.
We’re located in the Mission district in San Francisco (1 block from BART). Our office is wheelchair accessible.
Learn more about us at plangrid.com/about
- Health/dental/vision insurance with zero contributions for you or your dependents
- Construction site tours of the biggest projects in SF using PlanGrid (past tours include: SF General Hospital, etc etc)
- Conference fund to support ongoing learning + development
- Catered lunches 3x/week
- Whatever gear you want (most engineers have a retina MBPs and Apple Thunderbolt displays)
- Free transit pass
- Flexible vacation