Senior Technical/Revenue Accountant
San Francisco, CA
Finance & Accounting
PlanGrid is on a mission to build the future faster by creating beautiful software for construction, one of the oldest and largest industries on the planet. We’re changing that by building tools that automate the mundane tasks around collaboration, planning and version control (think Google Docs for blueprints). Our users are building some of the most amazing construction projects in the world, and our platform is their central information point.
We are building a world-class accounting function to support our growing business. We’re looking for a corporate accountant to join our awesome team and help us improve our technical accounting and financial reporting processes, work with business partners, financial partners, and engineers. You will help us develop amazing accounting processes and help track our progress within a fast-paced environment that’s growing globally.
About the Role
- Build scalable accounting processes for transactions in complex accounting areas such as revenue (including multiple-element arrangements), share-based compensation, equity, and internal-use software.
- Own the monthly close process for related financial statement line items; prepare month-end journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and supporting schedules.
- Drive ERP system improvements to increase efficiencies in accounting and reporting for revenue.
- Research technical accounting issues, including recommending accounting conclusions and documenting key memos.
- Interpret and assist with the implementation of new accounting standards.
- Draft and maintain accounting policies and procedures.
- Assist with the preparation of financial statement disclosures, as well as monthly cash flow statements.
- Partner with the Finance, Legal, Engineering, Sales Operations, and other teams to anticipate and support changing business requirements.
- Liaise with our external auditors to support annual audits.
- 3-5 years of relevant accounting experience, with a degree in Accounting or Finance (CPA strongly preferred).
- Public Accounting experience required; industry experience preferred
- Proven experience in complex areas such as revenue (including multiple-element arrangements), share-based compensation, and internal-use software.
- Fluency with U.S. GAAP and the ability to research complex transactions.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong knowledge of Excel and accounting systems (NetSuite preferred).
- Good understanding of both financial and operational controls.
- Ability to be flexible and comfortable with changing requirements.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast paced, hyper growth environment.
- A positive attitude; not afraid to be “in the weeds”.
Nice to Have
- Knowledge of (or experience in) SaaS.
- Experience with various software solutions such as Salesforce, Avalara, Coupa, Looker, Shareworks, Stripe, or similar tools.
- Health/dental/vision insurance with zero contributions
- Free transit pass (for SF employees)
- Catered lunches 3x/week (for SF employees)
- Equipment you need for work
- Flexible vacation
PlanGrid is construction software made for the field. PlanGrid allows plans and markups to be instantaneously shared with everyone on a construction project, no matter where they are. It lets contractors, architects, and building owners collaborate from their desktop or mobile devices. We emerged from Y Combinator in 2012 and has since secured funding from Sequoia Capital, Tenaya Capital, Founders Fund, Northgate, Box, 500 Startups, Y Combinator, Navitas Capital, and Google Ventures.
Our cloud-based platform is storing more than 30 million construction documents digitally, making us the biggest digital repository in the world.
We’re located in the Mission district in San Francisco (1 block from BART). Our office is wheelchair accessible.
Learn more about us at plangrid.com/about