Product Manager - Core Product
San Francisco, CA
Product & Design
As a Product Manager at PlanGrid, you are responsible for building the tools that are transforming the construction industry. Product Managers at PlanGrid sit at the intersection of software development, design, and business strategy. We shape high-level product goals but also get our hands dirty. On an average day, you might pitch a concept to senior leadership, create a launch plan with marketing, work with designers to conduct user research, prototype a new feature, iterate on a spec, analyze usage data, and pair with an engineer on implementation. We have ultimate responsibility for understanding our client needs, influencing business strategy, feature specification, and working with engineering to develop our software.
The ideal candidate is entrepreneurial-minded and thrives in a fast-paced and goal-driven environment. You have outstanding communication and collaboration skills and are able to work with a diverse group, get consensus, and drive the product forward. You are execution focused and emphasize getting things done while paying attention to important details. You have several years of experience working on ingesting, processing and making sense of data, and building SaaS products. Experience building products for the construction market is not required. You are passionate about using technology to solve problems in a user-centric way. You have a passion for building SaaS products and want to solve the problems of deploying software at scale, product design, and enterprise enablement.
- Own the vision and roadmap to build the PlanGrid product for construction project managers and engineers, administrators and executives
- Prioritize potential initiatives through demonstrating their alignment with our business strategy and the value to our current or future users
- Communicate that prioritization to other stakeholders in the company and drive consensus on the path forward
- Work closely with engineering, design, and business team members on business cases, product requirements, development, launch, and adoption
- Understand PlanGrid’s strategic position and deliver innovative products that align with this strategy
- Work directly with our customers to unearth pain points and understand their most pressing needs
- Communicate with the rest of the company the how and why for features
- 5+ years of product management experience building SaaS products
- Understanding of data capture, processing and machine learning as it relates to solving problems for the construction industry
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills - interface with our customers as well as internal stakeholders: fellow product managers, product designers, technical writers, engineers, sales, consulting, customer success, training, and product marketing
- Passion to solve problems of our customers in the construction space
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to build strong data-driven arguments, prioritize with business strategy in mind, and evangelize projects to build consensus within an organization
- A track record of product execution showing impact in driving projects forward within an organization
- Located in San Francisco’s Mission District just one block from BART, among local shops, bars, and restaurants
- Flexible vacation
- Dog-friendly office
- Clipper Cards (for public transportation) funded by PlanGrid
- Construction site tours of the biggest projects in San Francisco using PlanGrid
- Volunteer time off: We encourage employees to give back to our local communities. We organize volunteer days and have worked with organizations such as Glide, SF/Marin Food Bank, Muttville, Family Dog Rescue, and Bryant Elementary School (as part of PlanGrid’s commitment with Circle the Schools)
- Catered lunches
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
- Office is wheelchair accessible
PlanGrid builds beautiful, effective, field collaboration software for the $8 trillion per year construction industry. Our platform is used by tens of thousands of contractors, building owners, engineers and architects.
PlanGrid is the leader in field collaboration. It helps contractors, owners, designers, and architects collaborate easily from their mobile devices and desktop, managing blueprints, specs, photos, RFIs, and punch lists. PlanGrid’s cloud-based platform stores over 50 million digital blueprints, making it the largest digital blueprint repository in the world. The company emerged from Y Combinator in 2012, and has secured over $62 million in funding from world-renowned organizations and individuals including Sequoia, Founders Fund, GV, 500 Startups, Box, Northgate, Spectrum 28, and Tenaya Capital.