Infrastructure Engineer (Systems)
San Francisco, CA
R&D – Engineering
About the Role:
Our team is looking for an Infrastructure Engineer who will help scale PlanGrid across the globe by building tools and services to accelerate development, confidence, monitoring, and experimentation. We want someone who is familiar with service architectures and is passionate about performance.
Our users are building some of the most amazing construction projects around the world, and our mobile & web apps are critical tools in their workflows. Infrastructure @ PlanGrid builds and maintains the core systems they build on every day.
We are open to remote engineers!
As an Infrastructure Engineer at PlanGrid, you will:
- Design and implement services which can be leveraged by teams throughout the PlanGrid engineering community
- Review key architectural changes across the organization and participate heavily in the Engineering Change Proposal process
- Assist in re-architecting and implementing critical business logic for performance and scalability
- Lead by example in code and quality, and participate heavily in the code review process
- Work with SRE team to address performance bottlenecks in shared infrastructure and execute large architecture changes
- Build tools and communicate best practices for development and PlanGrid
- Assist in hiring, provide mentorship, and work with an amazing team of engineers
- Communicate changes and technical decisions to other engineers via documentation and tech talks
- Help decide future of APIs, libraries, and services orchestration
Our Infrastructure Engineers:
- Have no fear crossing the boundaries of code and systems. We jump between shipping high-quality production code in Python and working directly with Salt. We embrace automation and take pride in building tools to help engineers be more efficient.
- Solve challenges involving scaling, reliability, high availability, data pipelines, and more. We build and scale applications using Python, Kubernetes, RabbitMQ, Docker, Redis, Postgres, Elastic search, Salt, and more. We change the wheels on the bus while it's running.
- Live for efficiency and redundancy. Our systems reflect our processes reflect our people reflect our systems. We automate as much as possible in the cloud and in the office.
- Hate "snowflakes." Standards, automation, and consistency are the key to smart scaling.
- Love learning and thrive on hard problems. Low hanging fruit is fun, but hard problems are really what keep us going. Persistence and dedication to push through sticky situations are key.
- Are patient, welcoming, considerate, and respectful. Our team is built on these values, and we expect all new members to be the same.
- Located in San Francisco’s Mission District just one block from BART, among local shops, bars, and restaurants
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and dependents
- 401k + Company matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- $500 annual wellness reimbursement
- Volunteering on company time + employee donation matching
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Dog-friendly office
- Catered lunches 3x/week
- We provide paid parental leave for both parents
- Construction site tours of the biggest projects in San Francisco using PlanGrid
PlanGrid is the leader in construction productivity software. Used on more than 1 million projects around the world, PlanGrid's value extends over numerous phases of construction, building a massive and accurate history of every jobsite through everyday use that creates a data-rich record set at turnover that is essential to long-term operations.
PlanGrid is the first construction productivity software that allows contractors and owners in commercial, heavy civil, and other industries to collaborate easily from their mobile devices and desktop. PlanGrid is used in more than 79 countries by thousands of customers including DPR, Granite, NVIDIA, Target Corporation, and Tutor Perini. PlanGrid was a member of Y Combinator’s 2012 Winter Class, and has secured over $69 million in funding from Sequoia, Tenaya Capital Founders Fund, GV, 500 Startups, Box, Northgate, and Spectrum 28.
For more information, please visit: https://www.plangrid.com/.
PlanGrid is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information
As part of GDPR compliance procedures, we have posted our Recruiting Privacy Notice on our website. Please also note that the advertised position is an opportunity with Autodesk, Inc. (https://www.autodesk.com/), as Autodesk recently acquired PlanGrid. Processing of your personal information as part of the job application process, and as part of Autodesk employment should a candidate be hired, will be handled by Autodesk pursuant to Autodesk’s Candidate Privacy Statement, available at: https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/www/content/careers/autodesk_candidate_privacy_statement.pdf.