San Francisco, CA
R&D – Engineering
About the Role:
Our team is looking for an Infrastructure Engineer who will own our data access layer and the business logic around it. We want someone who is intimately familiar with service architectures, frets about versioning libraries, and is passionate about performance.
Our users build some of the most amazing construction projects in the world, and our apps are used every day in the field.
We are open to remote engineers
As an Infrastructure Engineer at PlanGrid, you will:
- Design and implement services which can be leveraged by teams throughout the PlanGrid engineering community
- Review key architectural changes across the organization and participate heavily in the Engineering Change Proposal process
- Assist in re-architecting and implementing critical business logic for performance and scalability
- Lead by example in code and quality, and participate heavily in the code review process
- Work with SRE team to address performance bottlenecks in shared infrastructure and execute large architecture changes
- Build tools and communicate best practices for development and PlanGrid
- Assist in hiring, provide mentorship, and work with an amazing team of engineers
- Communicate changes and technical decisions to other engineers via documentation and tech talks
- Help decide future of APIs, libraries, and services orchestration
Our Infrastructure Engineers:
- Have no fear crossing the boundaries of code and systems. We jump between shipping high-quality production code in Python and working directly with Salt. We embrace automation and take pride in building tools to help engineers be more efficient.
- Solve challenges involving scaling, reliability, high availability, data pipelines, and more. We build and scale applications using Python, Kubernetes, RabbitMQ, Docker, Redis, Postgres, Elastic search, Salt, and more. We change the wheels on the bus while it's running.
- Live for efficiency and redundancy. Our systems reflect our processes reflect our people reflect our systems. We automate as much as possible in the cloud and in the office.
- Hate "snowflakes." Standards, automation, and consistency are the key to smart scaling.
- Love learning and thrive on hard problems. Low hanging fruit is fun, but hard problems are really what keep us going. Persistence and dedication to push through sticky situations are key.
- Are patient, welcoming, considerate, and respectful. Our team is built on these values, and we expect all new members to be the same.
- Located in San Francisco’s Mission District just one block from BART, among local shops, bars, and restaurants
- Flexible vacation
- Dog-friendly office
- Clipper Cards (for public transportation) funded by PlanGrid
- Construction site tours of the biggest projects in San Francisco using PlanGrid
- Volunteer time off: We encourage employees to give back to our local communities. We organize volunteer days and have worked with organizations such as Glide, SF/Marin Food Bank, Muttville, Family Dog Rescue, and Bryant Elementary School (as part of PlanGrid’s commitment with Circle the Schools).
- Catered lunches
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
- Office is wheelchair accessible
- We provide paid parental leave for both parents
PlanGrid is the leader in construction productivity software. Used on more than 1 million projects around the world, PlanGrid's value extends over numerous phases of construction, building a massive and accurate history of every jobsite through everyday use that creates a data-rich record set at turnover that is essential to long-term operations.
PlanGrid is the first construction productivity software that allows contractors and owners in commercial, heavy civil, and other industries to collaborate easily from their mobile devices and desktop. PlanGrid is used in more than 70 countries by thousands of customers including DPR, Granite, NVIDIA, Target Corporation, and Tutor Perini. PlanGrid was a member of Y Combinator’s 2012 Winter Class, and has secured over $62 million in funding from Sequoia, Tenaya Capital Founders Fund, GV, 500 Startups, Box, Northgate, and Spectrum 28. For more information, please visit: https://www.plangrid.com/.