Senior Public Relations Specialist
San Francisco, CA
Marketing – Marketing
PlanGrid is looking for a Senior Public Relations Specialist to join our amazing Marketing Team. Reporting directly to the head of Communications and Public Relations, you’ll be responsible for owning PR initiatives such as announcements, proactive outreach and executive speaking opportunities to secure coverage, increase our share of voice, and drive market awareness. You’ll play a key role in highlighting to the press and broader industry PlanGrid’s impact on its customers, the strength of its technology and our rocket ship growth as a business. The ideal candidate will be media savvy, have a keen eye/ear for unique stories, and the ability to easily communicate with a wide variety of internal audiences, from executives to engineers.
About the Role:
- Execute on all aspects of media relations, including proactive outreach, managing announcements and developing relationships to secure coverage
- Work directly with head of Communications & PR to develop long-term plans as well as set shorter-term strategy
- Identify potential story angles (trend, customers, executive POVs) and see ideas through to coverage
- Develop press-related materials, including press releases, pitches, briefing sheets, etc
- Respond to incoming media inquiries and elevate as needed
- Manage company and executive visibility programs such as awards and C-suite level speaking opportunities
- Keep your finger on the pulse of both the trade industry and the broader tech industry
- Track media coverage of company and competitors
- Provide support around process and workflow for the Communications team
- 3-5 years of B2B technology PR experience
- Ability to develop strategic plans in partnership with the Communications team and internal stakeholders, and execute independently
- Experience working with media to achieve communications goals
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and determine priorities with little oversight from management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organization and project management skills, with excellent attention to detail
- Resourceful with strong creative problem-solving skills (you prefer to look a word up in a dictionary rather than ask someone how to spell it).
PlanGrid is the leader in construction productivity software. Used on more than 1 million projects around the world, PlanGrid's value extends over numerous phases of construction, building a massive and accurate history of every jobsite through everyday use that creates a data-rich record set at turnover that is essential to long-term operations.
PlanGrid is the first construction productivity software that allows contractors and owners in commercial, heavy civil, and other industries to collaborate easily from their mobile devices and desktop. PlanGrid is used in more than 70 countries by thousands of customers including DPR, Granite, NVIDIA, Target Corporation, and Tutor Perini. PlanGrid was a member of Y Combinator’s 2012 Winter Class, and has secured over $62 million in funding from Sequoia, Tenaya Capital Founders Fund, GV, 500 Startups, Box, Northgate, and Spectrum 28. For more information, please visit: https://www.plangrid.com/.