Senior Analyst, FP&A
San Francisco, CA
Finance & Accounting
As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will build financial models, analyze and evaluate customer behavior, and play a pivotal role in developing a deep understanding of PlanGrid’s financial and operating metrics. You will also help track KPIs and develop dashboards and reports for various teams, executives, and the board of directors.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Financial and Business Analytics, and working with all parts of the organization, this role requires innate analytical abilities, deep understanding of SaaS metrics and business models, and a desire to know PlanGrid inside and out.
About the Role
- Create and manage financial and operating models, including short-term and long-range forecasts
- Prepare accurate, timely and insightful monthly variance analysis between actuals, forecast, and plan
- Work closely with the accounting team to provide input on management reporting needs and to better understand PlanGrid’s financial performance
- Provide financial analysis for departmental leaders to improve expense tracking and operational efficiency
- Help create and improve business processes to scale a rapidly growing business
- Create reporting dashboards to identify, analyze, track and report metrics
- Play a key role on special projects to help solve important operational challenges facing the company
- 4-6 years of FP&A, big 4 accounting, or investment banking experience
- Sophisticated financial modeling and analytical skills
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and monthly reporting process
- Advanced Excel, Power Point and Google Apps skills
- Strong work ethic and ability to manage multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment with high degree of precision and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Prior experience in a high-tech / software / SaaS organization a plus
- Proficiency in NetSuite and Host Analytics
- 4-year college degree with a degree in accounting or finance
- Health/dental/vision insurance with zero contributions
- Free transit pass (for SF employees)
- Catered lunches 3x/week (for SF employees)
- Equipment you need for work
- Flexible vacation
PlanGrid is construction software made for the field. PlanGrid allows plans and markups to be instantaneously shared with everyone on a construction project, no matter where they are. It lets contractors, architects, and building owners collaborate from their desktop or mobile devices. We emerged from Y Combinator in 2012 and has since secured funding from Sequoia Capital, Tenaya Capital, Founders Fund, Northgate, Box, 500 Startups, Y Combinator, Navitas Capital, and Google Ventures.
Our cloud-based platform is storing more than 30 million construction documents digitally, making us the biggest digital repository in the world.
We’re located in the Mission district in San Francisco (1 block from BART). Our office is wheelchair accessible.
Learn more about us at plangrid.com/about