San Francisco, CA
R&D – Product & Design
You’re a champion for the user. You love working with fast-paced, cross-functional teams to distill complicated problems into simple and elegant solutions. You’re self-motivated, autonomous, and a master of navigating ambiguity; you set your own schedule and drive it forward.
In this role, you’ll have ownership of your projects and guide them through research, exploration, design, and delivery. You’ll work closely with product managers, engineers, and designers to solve meaningful problems. You’ll have the opportunity to be curious, focused, and relentless in pursuit of great user experiences every single day.
- 4+ years working with cross-functional teams to ship experiences users love
- Demonstrated success driving design for large, complex projects
- Master of interaction design - you see the bigger picture and consider every touchpoint along the user journey
- Strong instincts for visual design, copywriting, and user research
- Understand technical constraints and effectively balance quality and speed
- Comfortable designing for multiple platforms: PlanGrid is on web, iOS, Android, and Windows
- Skilled in facilitation and design thinking
- Expertise in service design, with an interest in mentoring and coaching others
- Entrepreneurial spirit and passion for lean UX and data-inspired design
- Intrigued by construction and helping teams build better together
- Located in San Francisco’s Mission District just one block from BART, among local shops, bars, and restaurants
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and dependents
- 401k + Company matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- $500 annual wellness reimbursement
- Volunteering on company time + employee donation matching
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Dog-friendly office
- Catered lunches 3x/week
- We provide paid parental leave for both parents
- Construction site tours of the biggest projects in San Francisco using PlanGrid
PlanGrid, an Autodesk company, builds simple, beautiful software construction teams love to use. The company’s mobile-first technology gives general contractors, subs, owners and architects access to information in real-time, enables greater collaboration and provides actionable insights. With PlanGrid, any construction team member can manage and update blueprints, specs, photos, RFIs, field reports, punchlists and other information from any device. PlanGrid is used on more than 1.5 million projects across commercial, heavy civil and other industries in 90+ countries. Headquartered in San Francisco and founded in 2011, PlanGrid was acquired by Autodesk in 2018. Visit us at www.plangrid.com.
PlanGrid is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information
As part of GDPR compliance procedures, we have posted our Recruiting Privacy Notice on our website. Please also note that the advertised position is an opportunity with Autodesk, Inc. (https://www.autodesk.com/), as Autodesk recently acquired PlanGrid. Processing of your personal information as part of the job application process, and as part of Autodesk employment should a candidate be hired, will be handled by Autodesk pursuant to Autodesk’s Candidate Privacy Statement, available at: https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/www/content/careers/autodesk_candidate_privacy_statement.pdf.