San Francisco, CA
Product & Design
You’re a champion for the user. You love working with fast-paced, cross-functional teams to distilling complicated problems into simple and elegant solutions. You’re self-motivated, autonomous, and a master of navigating ambiguity; you set your own schedule and drive it forward.
In this role, you’ll have ownership of your projects and guide them through research, exploration, design, and delivery. You’ll work closely with product managers, engineers, and designers to solve meaningful problems. You’ll have the opportunity to be curious, focused, and relentless in pursuit of great user experiences every single day.
- 4+ years working with cross-functional teams to ship experiences users love
- Master of interaction design - you see the bigger picture and consider every touchpoint along the user journey
- Strong instincts for visual design, copywriting, and user research
- Understand technical constraints and effectively balance quality and speed
- Comfortable designing for multiple platforms: PlanGrid is on web, iOS, Android, and Windows
- Skilled in facilitation and design thinking
- Expertise in service design, with an interest in mentoring and coaching others
- Entrepreneurial spirit and passion for lean UX and data-inspired design
- Intrigued by construction and helping teams build better together
- Located in San Francisco’s Mission District just one block from BART, among local shops, bars, and restaurants
- Flexible vacation
- Dog-friendly office
- Clipper Cards (for public transportation) funded by PlanGrid
- Construction site tours of the biggest projects in San Francisco using PlanGrid
- Volunteer time off: We encourage employees to give back to our local communities. We organize volunteer days and have worked with organizations such as Glide, SF/Marin Food Bank, Muttville, Family Dog Rescue, and Bryant Elementary School (as part of PlanGrid’s commitment with Circle the Schools)
- Catered lunches
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
- Office is wheelchair accessible
PlanGrid builds beautiful, effective, field collaboration software for the $8 trillion per year construction industry. Our platform is used by tens of thousands of contractors, building owners, engineers and architects.
PlanGrid is the leader in field collaboration. It helps contractors, owners, designers, and architects collaborate easily from their mobile devices and desktop, managing blueprints, specs, photos, RFIs, and punch lists. PlanGrid’s cloud-based platform stores over 50 million digital blueprints, making it the largest digital blueprint repository in the world. The company emerged from Y Combinator in 2012, and has secured over $62 million in funding from world-renowned organizations and individuals including Sequoia, Founders Fund, GV, 500 Startups, Box, Northgate, Spectrum 28, and Tenaya Capital.