Director of Field Marketing
San Francisco, CA
The Director of Field Marketing will manage a team of regionally based field marketers who are responsible for developing strategic plans for growth in their region, with a primary focus on sponsored and company-hosted events, plus other field marketing activities. This individual will be responsible for building a strategic bridge between the field marketing team and the regional sales leadership they support, and is responsible for ensuring that field marketing plans align with the strategic objectives of the marketing team and company growth goals.
This role also requires representing the marketing needs of the field back to headquarters to inform future strategies and plans, and driving flawless execution of market specific efforts. The leader will work closely with the Event Marketing team to integrate events into field plans, and ensure that regional investments are balanced with national/corporate objectives.
- Build important marketing relationships with field executives and become immersed in their regional goals and objectives, as well as develop a deep understanding of company business plans.
- Lead team to create corporate and field marketing plans by region that support both corporate objectives as well as unique market needs, gain alignment and buy-in for these plans
- Ensure flawlessly executed event marketing initiatives that build measurable growth in regional and national markets
- Mentor and grow a team of field marketing and event professionals
- Evaluate and determine team impact and drive a continuous improvement culture
- Ensure operational and brand consistency across regional markets
- Align closely with other key internal marketing stakeholders across Product Marketing, PR, Ops, Demand Gen, to represent a unified marketing face to the field organization.
- Drive event strategy as well as build an event measurement methodology to understand business impact
- Standardize an executional strategy that integrates event and field marketing and ensures clear division of responsibility across marketing, sales, and inside sales
- Manage field marketing budget
Skills and Requirements
- 10+ years of experience leading field marketing teams and supporting quota-carrying B2B sales reps
- Able to successfully build executive relationships across functions
- Supreme comfort with event evaluation criteria, sponsorship decisions, and the ability to measure event ROI
- Experience managing programs and events using marketing and sales automation tools such as Marketo and Salesforce
- Experience working with inside sales teams to close the loop on field marketing lead follow-up and creating event follow-up strategy that has marketing, inside sales, and sales working together in a coordinated fashion
- Exceptional ability to communicate plans, proactively update stakeholders, and advocate for the team
- Enjoys working in a dynamic, fast paced high-growth environment. Ability to adjust accordingly as well as manage through ambiguity and change.
- Laser focused on ROI and event execution
- Experienced driving impactful business change while also exceeding all key metrics and objectives.
- Strong management abilities to create a positive and winning team culture, able to empower while also drive organizational objectives and goals
- Be truly humble and a team player; willingness to get your hands dirty
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, presenting to senior leaders
PlanGrid is construction software made for the field. PlanGrid allows plans and markups to be instantaneously shared with everyone on a construction project, no matter where they are. It lets contractors, architects, and building owners collaborate from their desktop or mobile devices. We emerged from Y Combinator in 2012 and has since secured funding from Sequoia Capital, Tenaya Capital, Founders Fund, Northgate, Box, 500 Startups, Y Combinator, Navitas Capital, and Google Ventures.
Our cloud-based platform is storing more than 30 million construction documents digitally, making us the biggest digital repository in the world.
We’re located in the Mission district in San Francisco (1 block from BART). Our office is wheelchair accessible.
Learn more about us at plangrid.com/about
- Robust medical/dental/vision coverage options for you/any dependents
- Flexible vacation
- Dog-friendly office
- Clipper Cards (for public transportation) funded by PlanGrid
- Construction site tours of the biggest projects in San Francisco using PlanGrid
- Volunteer time off: We encourage employees to give back to our local communities. We organize volunteer days and have worked with organizations such as Glide, SF/Marin Food Bank, Muttville, Family Dog Rescue, and Bryant Elementary School (as part of PlanGrid’s commitment with Circle the Schools).
- Catered lunches