San Francisco, CA
G&A – Finance & Accounting
As a Business Analyst, you will be a key member of the finance team, helping to structure and analyze data from disparate sources (e.g., NetSuite, SFDC, internal databases). The ideal candidate is a thoughtful problem solver who enjoys identifying key business levers and challenges and then building an analytical framework to inform PlanGrid’s strategy. You will dive into complex data sets to analyze trends, identify opportunities and quantify the impact to the business.
Reporting to the Sr. Director, Finance, and working with all parts of the organization, this role requires innate analytical abilities, an understanding of SaaS business models, and a desire to know PlanGrid inside and out.
About the Role:
- Write SQL queries to structure, correlate, and extract data to present in Looker or Google Slides
- Quickly and accurately deliver actionable insights and recommendations around key business questions
- Proactively perform data exploration on financial and customer data to identify operational insights
- Identify key metrics and create executive-facing dashboards to track revenue, retention, customer metrics, and other KPIs
- Translate business objectives into actionable analysis that can inform decision making at the executive and board level
- Be the single “source of truth” for key company metrics, such as ARR
- Work collaboratively with a cross functional team (finance, billings, renewals, customer success, sales ops) to solve complex problems
- 2-4 years of experience in an analytical role using SQL
- Familiarity with Python and/or R is a plus
- Strong applied analytics – you love data, gleaning insights from data, and making decisions based on data
- Quantitative analysis – you have experience extracting, manipulating, and analyzing large data sets using SQL and understand basic statistics
- Experience with data query / visualization tools (e.g., Looker, Tableau, Domo)
- Familiarity with Netsuite and Salesforce
- Advanced Excel and Google Apps skills
- Strong work ethic and ability to manage multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment with high degree of autonomy and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Prior experience in a software / SaaS organization a plus
- 4-year college degree with a degree in a quantitative field (e.g., mathematics, statistics, computer science, finance)
- Located in San Francisco’s Mission District just one block from BART, among local shops, bars, and restaurants
- Clipper Cards (for public transportation) funded by PlanGrid
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and dependents
- Flexible vacation
- Construction site tours of the biggest projects in San Francisco using PlanGrid
- Volunteer time off: We encourage employees to give back to our local communities. We organize volunteer days and have worked with organizations such as Glide, SF/Marin Food Bank, Muttville, Family Dog Rescue, and Bryant Elementary School (as part of PlanGrid’s commitment with Circle the Schools).
- Dog-friendly office
- Catered lunches
- Office is wheelchair accessible
- We provide paid parental leave for both parents
PlanGrid is the leader in construction productivity software. Used on more than 1 million projects around the world, PlanGrid's value extends over numerous phases of construction, building a massive and accurate history of every jobsite through everyday use that creates a data-rich record set at turnover that is essential to long-term operations.
PlanGrid is the first construction productivity software that allows contractors and owners in commercial, heavy civil, and other industries to collaborate easily from their mobile devices and desktop. PlanGrid is used in more than 70 countries by thousands of customers including DPR, Granite, NVIDIA, Target Corporation, and Tutor Perini. PlanGrid was a member of Y Combinator’s 2012 Winter Class, and has secured over $62 million in funding from Sequoia, Tenaya Capital Founders Fund, GV, 500 Startups, Box, Northgate, and Spectrum 28. For more information, please visit: https://www.plangrid.com/.