Senior Project Manager
Greater San Diego, CA /
Program Management Office /
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest has been voted one of the best places to work. We are one of the largest providers of reproductive healthcare in Southern California, operating 18 health centers throughout our three county region. Check out our new video, "We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest” for more information about our organization: https://youtu.be/2ATarFSN3TQ.
Care. No Matter What.
As the Senior Project Manager, you will have the opportunity to lead teams to deliver projects that span across the organization. This includes managing resources, schedules, and control guidelines throughout the full systems development life cycle. This position will be responsible for identifying and acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members, staff and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan.
The Senior Project Manager works closely with internal executives, directors, managers and staff of multiple stakeholder groups as well as outside vendors when necessary to ensure projects are implemented within the given time frame.
The ideal candidate will be able to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders of all backgrounds and have superb organization, detail-orientation, and understand the relationship between organization departments and clinical disciplines. If you are highly self-motivated, driven by our mission, and committed to quality healthcare, apply now!
In this role, you'll get to:
- Manage day-to-day activities in the Program Management Office (PMO) to ensure agency programs and other projects meet organization goals and requirements.
- Implement and provide guidance related to PMO processes and policies, oversees the work of others.
- Work with other department leaders, project sponsors, project teams and other internal and external resources to define, prioritize, and develop projects/programs and to ensure optimal efficiency and progress on projects of all scales.
- Schedule and coordinate project meetings, developing agendas, keeping minutes, etc.
- Develop, track and report on all Issue Management concerns related to projects.
- Provide regular project status reports/updates and elevate significant changes/issues.
- Produce and analyze project metrics.
- Control expenditures within limitations of the project budget and report major discrepancies to ensure requirements are met.
- Maintain MS Project plans and perform or collaborate with staff and stakeholders to:
- Determine project task assignments.
- Identify resource requirements.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze project schedule.
- Coordinate project activities.
- Adhere to project deadlines.
- Monitor risks.
- Manage scope.
- Monitor issue, decision and action item resolution.
- Plan, prepare, and lead project meetings.
- Research change requests from organization and write up findings of research to give to Vice President of IT & PMO.
- Teaching and mentoring other employees on project management processes, techniques, tools, etc., including training others on MS Project.
What we're looking for:
- B.A. or B.S. in a healthcare field, business, computer science, information systems, or equivalent work experience.
- Advanced degree is preferred in Business Administration, Public Health or similar relevant field a plus. PMP Certification is strongly preferred.
- 5-7 years of project management experience including managing/coordinating complex and multi-level projects. Experience with Information Technology projects including E.H.R. implementations is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience working with business stakeholders within a cross-functional matrix environment.
- Healthcare industry experience including an understanding of operations and patient care workflow is preferred. Understanding of project management principles required, including work breakdown, critical path, load balancing, and project costing.
We are the power of Planned Parenthood.
We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest, one of the largest and most prominent affiliates of the most iconic health care organization in the world. We are recognized for the wide array of services we provide and the outstanding education we deliver.
We are a prominent and powerful team of health experts who work relentlessly to help our communities sustain their health and well-being. We adhere to the highest standards and protocols as we collaborate and care for people, without judgment.
100 years of advocating for our mission has secured our advancement, our future and our passion for practicing health care.
We are a team you can have fun with and a powerful movement you can be part of. Together we’ll take pride in shaping the future of sexual health and reproductive rights.
For those who feel that purpose is critical to their work, this is a gift.
In This Together.
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit our careers page for more information: www.pppswcareers.org