Healthcare Business Analyst
Greater San Diego, CA /
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest has been voted one of the best places to work. We are one of the largest providers of reproductive healthcare in Southern California, operating 19 health centers throughout our three county region. Check out our new video, "We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest” for more information about our organization: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JFgoD8pcg0.
Care. No Matter What.
As the Healthcare Business Analyst, you will have the opportunity to provide fresh and ongoing assessments and analyses of existing systems and procedures in order to improve upon them. Success in this role will lead to improved patient and staff scheduling experience, improved patient cycle time and flow in the health centers, and improved business outcomes including reduced patient no-show rates and staffing costs.
This position will be responsible for identifying opportunities, making recommendations, and implementing systems, reports, and workflows to improve efficiencies and effectiveness of the Patient Access functions, including staff scheduling, patient scheduling via online and a contact center, and the centralized management of provider templates.
If you are highly self-motivated, driven by our mission, and committed to quality healthcare, apply now!
PPPSW Compensation Philosophy and Position Hiring Rate:
- At Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest (PPPSW) the philosophy behind our compensation efforts is to foster workplace equity by aligning pay and benefit structures with our Agency’s mission and values. These efforts are continuously evaluated as we work toward living out our social justice values as an employer. PPPSW recognizes that decisions about pay and benefits have a significant impact on staff, and we work diligently to ensure all positions are compensated competitively as compared to other similar positions in the community. The Affiliate establishes compensation supported by a position description that identifies competencies, duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. In alignment with the Agency culture, PPPSW will strive to communicate openly and transparently about the goals of the Agency and the design of the compensation policies. The Agency will ensure the compensation program is administered in a manner that is consistent with the Agency’s value of pay equity.
- The hiring rate for this position is: $120,000 - $133,000/annually + Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 Matching Program, Educational Assistance, Access to 1:1 Mental Fitness/Life coach, Premium CALM account, and more!
In this role, you'll get to:
- Collect and analyze relevant clinical, scheduling, and financial information and metrics related to access performance
- Identify trends and plan collaborative interventions with operational/clinical leadership teams
- Participate in health center-based access improvement program action plans and monitor progress and oversee the sustainability of results
- Measure and track access dashboard reporting and a process for continuous feedback and improvement
- Define and generate data intelligence requirements and reporting to support ad-hoc and routine analysis of systems and workflows
- Develop expertise with any systems and software used to advance effectiveness within Patient Access
- Lead system and software initiatives within Patient Access as required
- Develop, nurture, and maintain strong business relationships with leadership and health center clinicians and staff
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, industrial engineering, or healthcare-related field preferred
- 5+ years of proven experience as a business analyst or related role
- 3+ years of experience in healthcare and in patient access-related roles, preferably in a multi-site, 500+ staff environment
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office programs and tools, especially Excel (pivot tables, Vlook-ups, conditional formatting)
- Ability to analyze, synthesize and articulate complex subject matter so it can be easily understood
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Training in continuous process improvement techniques preferred
- Knowledge of SQL and SQL database structures, tables, queries, and procedures preferred
- Experience with Paylocity, NextGen, Epic, Humanity, and InContact preferred
We are the power of Planned Parenthood.
We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest, one of the largest and most prominent affiliates of the most iconic health care organization in the world. We are recognized for the wide array of services we provide and the outstanding education we deliver.
We are a prominent and powerful team of health experts who work relentlessly to help our communities sustain their health and well-being. We adhere to the highest standards and protocols as we collaborate and care for people, without judgment.
100 years of advocating for our mission has secured our advancement, our future and our passion for practicing health care.
We are a team you can have fun with and a powerful movement you can be part of. Together we’ll take pride in shaping the future of sexual health and reproductive rights.
For those who feel that purpose is critical to their work, this is a gift.
In This Together.
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit our careers page for more information: www.pppswcareers.org