Case Management Registered Nurse
San Diego, CA /
Medical Services & Center Operations – Medical Services /
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is seeking a Registered Nurse to work in our Case Management Department.
Schedule: Tuesday-Saturday, times vary
The RN will coordinate the overall interdisciplinary plan of care for patients. They will maintain professional and clinical standards of nursing care.
Education and Experience
- R.N. with current California license
- Must have or willing to obtain a BLS and ACLS certifications.
- One year of experience in Women’s Healthcare. Experience in abortion services, recovery room and/or completion of a surgical training program preferred.
- Provide professional and comprehensive telephonic nursing assessment, evaluation, education and advice to patients within Agency protocols.
- Participate in health center efforts to achieve established goals for productivity and quality metrics.
- Adhere to affiliate goals and policies on professionalism, wait time in-clinic and on the phone, and the system for addressing client complaints.
- Participate in health center/affiliate efforts to achieve established revenue cycle goals.
- Appropriately manage lab results and referrals based on PPPSW Medical Protocols and Case Management Policy and Procedures.
- Maintain ongoing and appropriate communication with Manager of Case Management, other case management RNs and Case Management Specialists, Contact Center staff, and providers and staff in clinics.
- Document accurately, appropriately and efficiently all telephonic interactions with patients
- Complete audits accurately and within a specified time frame as instructed by Director of Quality Management.
- Maintain average call time and volume as defined by program guidelines.
- Manage and maintain expected lab result management time and volume as defined by program guidelines.
- Demonstrate ongoing proficiency in EPM and EHR
- Assist Manager of Case Management to develop program policy and procedures.
- Provide quality and efficient telephone customer service to internal and external customers.
- Respond in timely manner to Instant Messaging from Contact Center Reps and Case Management Specialists.
- Assure Case Management Specialists are monitoring phone messages throughout the day; return appropriate calls by end of day.
- Call in medications to pharmacies as indicated by the surgical and medical abortion protocols for bleeding and pain.
- Instruct patients on procedural preparation as applicable.
- Notify pharmacies of new prescriptions and authorizations of refills as ordered by the provider or via pharmacy protocols.
- Receive, manage and direct calls in accordance with call management protocols.
- Route calls to appropriate department for continued assistance as necessary.
- Utilize break codes appropriately as defined by the call management system.
- Maintain knowledge of and utilize scheduling downtime procedure.
- Communicate requests and respond accurately using the appropriate procedures for contacting clinics and/or clinic staff.
- Maintain thorough knowledge and understanding of PPPSW organization in order to answer questions and direct calls correctly and appropriately.
- Take complete on-line messages that are detailed, concise, spelled accurately and utilize correct medical terminology.
- In support of PPPSW’s Just Culture Philosophy, identify and report errors, near misses, and employee, patient and customer safety concerns in a timely manner.
- To support risk and quality management by proactively communicating identified risks to supervisor in order to minimize risk when possible.
- Comply with PPPSWs Code of Conduct and maintain the highest level of professional and ethical standards and to act in compliance with both the letter and spirit of all applicable laws and regulations.
- Complete quality assurance monitoring tools as specified for the department.
We are the power of Planned Parenthood.
We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest, one of the largest and most prominent affiliates of the most iconic health care organization in the world. We are recognized for the wide array of services we provide and the outstanding education we deliver.
We are a prominent and powerful team of health experts who work relentlessly to help our communities sustain their health and well-being. We adhere to the highest standards and protocols as we collaborate and care for people, without judgment.
100 years of advocating for our mission has secured our advancement, our future and our passion for practicing health care.
We are a team you can have fun with and a powerful movement you can be part of. Together we’ll take pride in shaping the future of sexual health and reproductive rights.
For those who feel that purpose is critical to their work, this is a gift.
In This Together.