Clinical Laboratory Scientist
San Diego, CA
Medical Services & Quality – Lab
Part Time, 16 hrs, 2 days
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest has been voted one of the best places to work. We are one of the largest providers of reproductive healthcare in Southern California, operating 17 health centers throughout our three county region. Check out our new video, "We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest” for more information about our organization: https://youtu.be/2ATarFSN3TQ.
Care. No Matter What.
We are seeking a Clinical Laboratory Scientist for our Wagner Health Center in San Diego, CA.
The Clinical Laboratory Scientist will be responsible for lab testing, result review, and recording.
Must have a current license under the California Clinical Laboratory Scientist category or related sub-specialty.
Two years’ experience bench testing in a clinical laboratory.
One year experience working with a laboratory information system (LIS) preferred.
Experience using the TIGRIS system preferred.
- Adhere to affiliate goals and policies on professionalism.
- Support health center efforts to achieve established goals for productivity and quality metrics.
- Support health center/affiliate efforts to achieve established revenue cycle goals.
- Under the general direction of the Laboratory Manager ensure the efficient functioning of the lab.
- Perform diagnostic laboratory testing including but not limited to testing for Chlamydia and Gonorrhea.
- Ensure the accuracy of test results.
- Perform testing in a timely manner to ensure turnaround goals are met.
- Record and release test results in accordance with laboratory procedures.
- Perform routine equipment function checks, equipment maintenance, and quality assurance record keeping and such other quality assurance activities.
- Ensure use of the universal precautions and follow safety guidelines when handling hazardous materials.
- Responsible for the day to day and periodic quality assurance activities in the lab.
- Participate in continuing educational programs as required by accrediting agencies and Agency policy.
- Act as Lead in absence of the Laboratory Manager ensuring smooth function of the Lab.
- In support of PPPSW’s Just Culture Philosophy, identify and report errors, near misses, and employee, patient and customer safety concerns in a timely manner.
- To support risk and quality management by proactively communicating identified risks to supervisor in order to minimize risk when possible.
We are the power of Planned Parenthood.
We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest, one of the largest and most prominent affiliates of the most iconic health care organization in the world. We are recognized for the wide array of services we provide and the outstanding education we deliver.
We are a prominent and powerful team of health experts who work relentlessly to help our communities sustain their health and well-being. We adhere to the highest standards and protocols as we collaborate and care for people, without judgment.
100 years of advocating for our mission has secured our advancement, our future and our passion for practicing health care.
We are a team you can have fun with and a powerful movement you can be part of. Together we’ll take pride in shaping the future of sexual health and reproductive rights.
For those who feel that purpose is critical to their work, this is a gift.
In This Together.
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit our careers page for more information: www.pppswcareers.org