Administrative Assistant/Health Center Support
San Diego, CA
Administrative Support Staff
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest has been voted one of the best places to work. We are one of the largest providers of reproductive healthcare in Southern California, operating 18 health centers throughout our three county region. Check out our new video, "We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest” for more information about our organization: https://youtu.be/2ATarFSN3TQ.
Care. No Matter What.
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is seeking a temporary Administrative Assistant to support our Health Center Operations team in San Diego, CA.
The Administrative Assistant will assist the Operations Department by providing administrative support to the regional directors, health centers and scheduling office by coordinating and supporting meetings, tasks and logistics.
This is a temporary position located in San Diego, CA
- High School diploma or equivalent experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and co-workers of all backgrounds.
- Must have excellent computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher, PowerPoint and the Internet.
- Must have willingness and ability to adapt to change including advances in technology.
- Must be willing to be trained on Agency’s Practice Management System, as appropriate.
- Ability to work independently with excellent attention to detail.
- Must be able to multitask and work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must have excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Operations Support:
- Support the Health Center Operations Support Department which includes the Regional Directors, the Scheduling Office, the Center Operations Associate Manager and the EHR Clinical Support Specialist, with a variety of administrative and logistical tasks.
- Provide logistics and training support for the Patient Access Specialist Program in partnership with the Center Operations Associate Manager.
- Coordinate center staff appreciation efforts.
- Coordinate calendars, meetings, food ordering, agendas, minutes and other departmental logistics (organize action items and send reminders as needed) and room set up and break down.
- Prepare monthly expense reports, vendor invoices, petty cash reconciliation, item requests, purchase orders, mileage, travel reimbursement, eTime. Expedite high priority items as needed.
- Oversee travel arrangements and reservations for routine and out-of-town travel arrangements including rental cars, flights and hotel reservations for operations staff and licensed staff traveling to clinics.
- Organize and enter data on spreadsheets as needed.
- Provide support for communications, tracking and payments as needed
- Screen and distribute in-coming mail as needed.
- Maintain and organize confidential documents, electronic files and other sensitive information.
- Act as a liaison between the Operations team and agency employees, guests and customers. Greet and screen calls, visitors, and community contacts, answering and directing inquiries as needed.
- Provide administrative assistance as requested to help support the health centers/Agency to achieve their established goals for productivity and quality metrics, as well as their revenue cycle goals
- Other duties as assigned.
- General Administrative Support:
- Copy and distribute department correspondence.
- Perform word processing functions and working with other software applications including Microsoft word, Excel, etc.
- Ensure a culture that embraces diversity, fair and respectful treatment of all persons, and customer-focused delivery throughout the organization.
- In support of PPPSW’s Just Culture Philosophy, identify and report errors, near misses, and employee, patient and customer safety concerns in a timely manner.
- To support risk and quality management by proactively communicating identified risks to supervisor in order to minimize risk when possible.
- Comply with PPPSW's Code of Conduct and maintain the highest level of professional and ethical standards and to act in compliance with both the letter and spirit of all applicable laws and regulations.
We are the power of Planned Parenthood.
We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest, one of the largest and most prominent affiliates of the most iconic health care organization in the world. We are recognized for the wide array of services we provide and the outstanding education we deliver.
We are a prominent and powerful team of health experts who work relentlessly to help our communities sustain their health and well-being. We adhere to the highest standards and protocols as we collaborate and care for people, without judgment.
100 years of advocating for our mission has secured our advancement, our future and our passion for practicing health care.
We are a team you can have fun with and a powerful movement you can be part of. Together we’ll take pride in shaping the future of sexual health and reproductive rights.
For those who feel that purpose is critical to their work, this is a gift.
In This Together.
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit our careers page for more information: www.pppswcareers.org