Medical Assistant III - San Diego
Greater San Diego, CA
Medical Services & Center Operations – Clinical/Medical
Full Time, 40 hrs, 5 days
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest has been voted one of the best places to work. We are one of the largest providers of reproductive healthcare in Southern California, operating 18 health centers throughout our three county region. Check out our new video, "We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest” for more information about our organization: https://youtu.be/2ATarFSN3TQ.
Care. No Matter What.
We are searching for a Medical Assistant III for our First Avenue Health Center in San Diego, CA.
The Medical Assistant is responsible for supporting the delivery of reproductive health care services under the medical supervision of Clinician and/or Physician. They assist clients by providing testing, screening, and education required for the provision of medical reproductive health care. The MA III also assists providers to ensure high quality, efficient delivery of care. Ability to screen clients, prepare exam rooms and cover the front office when necessary. Must provide excellent customer services in a non-judgmental, empathetic manner to clients.
This is a full-time benefits eligible position located in San Diego, CA.
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant or Surgical Technician program and 2 years comparable surgical back office Medical Assistant experience
- Bilingual in Spanish/English
- 3 years comparable clinical back office medical assistant experience.
- Experience in ambulatory or outpatient medical-surgical or specialty area preferred.
- Women’s health experience preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish/English
- Adhere to affiliate goals and policies on professionalism, wait time in-clinic and on the system for addressing client complaints.
- Participate in health center efforts to achieve established goals for productivity and quality metrics.
- Participate in health center/affiliate efforts to achieve established revenue cycle goals.
- Perform and/or coordinate the following back-office functions:
- Obtain medical history, interview and educate clients ensuring informed consent
- Perform options and abortion education; make appointments/referrals for follow-up medical services.
- Perform POC and recovery room responsibilities.
- Perform basic lab work (e.g. Hgb, pregnancy test, urine dipsticks) package specimens for outside lab tests, record lab results.
- Obtain vital signs (blood pressure, height, weight, etc.).
- Clean and sterilize equipment and stock exam rooms.
- Assist Providers as needed.
- Gather information regarding sensitive subjects such as rape, STIs, risks of sexual activity for early teens, and abortions.
- Monitor center flow and client wait time.
- Input and update computer client data information. Responsible for the accuracy of client information entered into the Agency’s Practice Management system and Electronic Medical Record system.
- Ensure ongoing communication with Patient Flow Coordinator, Center Manager, and other center staff.
We are the power of Planned Parenthood.
We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest, one of the largest and most prominent affiliates of the most iconic health care organization in the world. We are recognized for the wide array of services we provide and the outstanding education we deliver.
We are a prominent and powerful team of health experts who work relentlessly to help our communities sustain their health and well-being. We adhere to the highest standards and protocols as we collaborate and care for people, without judgment.
100 years of advocating for our mission has secured our advancement, our future and our passion for practicing health care.
We are a team you can have fun with and a powerful movement you can be part of. Together we’ll take pride in shaping the future of sexual health and reproductive rights.
For those who feel that purpose is critical to their work, this is a gift.
In This Together.
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit our careers page for more information: www.pppswcareers.org