Registered Nurse III
Riverside, CA /
Medical Services & Center Operations – Clinical/Medical /
Full time, 40 hrs, 4 days
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest has been voted one of the best places to work. We are one of the largest providers of reproductive healthcare in Southern California, operating 19 health centers throughout our three county region. Check out our new video, "We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest” for more information about our organization: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JFgoD8pcg0.
Care. No Matter What.
As a REGISTERED NURSE III you will have the opportunity to provide nursing and medical care to patients seeking reproductive health care in the surgical clinics. You will also provide leadership and serve as a strong medical resource to the clinic team.
This exciting opportunity will oversee and maintain responsibility for nursing services in the Specialty Services Center. Dispense all FDA approved birth control methods (including emergency contraception) per Clinician orders and maintain working knowledge of all medications used to educate patients on DA approved birth control methods.
The ideal candidate will be able to communicate effectively with patients and co-workers of all backgrounds and willing to work flexible hours, including evenings, some Saturdays, and participate in on-call duty. If you are highly self-motivated, driven by our mission, and committed to quality healthcare, apply now!
PPPSW Compensation Philosophy and Position Hiring Rate:
At Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest (PPPSW) the philosophy behind our compensation efforts is to foster workplace equity by aligning pay and benefit structures with our Agency’s mission and values. These efforts are continuously evaluated as we work toward living out our social justice values as an employer. PPPSW recognizes that decisions about pay and benefits have significant impact on staff, and we work diligently to ensure all positions are compensated competitively as compared to other similar positions in the community.
The Affiliate establishes compensation supported by a position description that identifies competencies, duties, responsibilities and qualifications. In alignment with the Agency culture, PPPSW will strive to communicate openly and transparently about the goals of the Agency and the design of the compensation policies. The Agency will ensure the compensation program is administered in a manner that is consistent with Agency’s value of pay equity.
The hiring rate for the position is: $43-52/hour (based on years of experience)
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Dispense controlled substances as directed by Physician or mid-level Clinician
- Administer IV conscious sedation as directed by Physician or APC clinician
- Assist Physician with moderate sedation clients as needed
- Assist in transferring clients (100+ pounds) to and from wheelchair, exam table, gurney, and/or recovery chairs. Clients may require minimal or no assistance to partial or full assistance
- Participate in Specialty Services Center “on-call” responsibilities to provide after-hours care for clients experiencing complications. Must be able to arrive at specialty center within sixty minutes of physician determining that client must be seen. Core member of specialty services care team that includes on-call physician and Specialty Services Assistant who provide after-hours care on an as-needed basis. On-call responsibilities may require up to eight days of call coverage on a monthly basis. Compensation is provided.
What we’re looking for:
- Registered Nurse with current California License
- Current BLS certification
- Completed an RN Recovery Room or Surgical Training Program
- ACLS certification
- Emergency and/or triage experience
We are the power of Planned Parenthood.
We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest, one of the largest and most prominent affiliates of the most iconic health care organization in the world. We are recognized for the wide array of services we provide and the outstanding education we deliver.
We are a prominent and powerful team of health experts who work relentlessly to help our communities sustain their health and well-being. We adhere to the highest standards and protocols as we collaborate and care for people, without judgment.
100 years of advocating for our mission has secured our advancement, our future and our passion for practicing health care.
We are a team you can have fun with and a powerful movement you can be part of. Together we’ll take pride in shaping the future of sexual health and reproductive rights.
For those who feel that purpose is critical to their work, this is a gift.
In This Together.
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit our careers page for more information: www.pppswcareers.org