San Diego, CA
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest has been voted one of the best places to work. We are one of the largest providers of reproductive healthcare in Southern California, operating 17 health centers throughout our three county region. Check out our new video, "We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest” for more information about our organization: https://youtu.be/2ATarFSN3TQ.
Care. No Matter What.
We are seeking a full time Accounting Associate in San Diego, CA.
The Accounting Associate provides technical and work-flow support for all Accounting related activities. The Accounting Associate will suggest solutions/improvements when necessary. They will provide entry-level accounting ability/knowledge to be able to perform backup role for Finance/Accounting staff. The Accounting Associate is the contact person for AP/Finance for external and internal customers. They will process some accounts payable and perform miscellaneous administration functions as well as provide prompt responses to inquiries from all staff levels and provides excellent and accurate customer service.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent. Associate’s Degree in Accounting preferred.
- Two (2) years of experience in a corporate environment, two (2) years of experience with accounting.
- Familiarity with Dynamics SL accounting software and Workplace preferred.
- Experience in handling a high volume of data processing (500+ transactions per month)
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel.
- Proficiency knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word and Outlook.
- Know and enforce relevant Finance Department internal controls, policies and procedures.
- Processes payables for all Agency services and programs, including but not limited to surgical abortion, medication abortion, family planning, teen sexuality education, etc into accounting system, including credits for expired products and/or damaged goods returned.
- Maintain the kitchen and office supplies stock for the HFAC building.
- Become proficient using our online AchieveIt system and be responsible for making updates in this system for the entire team.
- Review and insure proper authorization, mathematical accuracy and reasonableness of all payables.
- Perform three-way match (invoice, purchase order and receipt) for supply and service purchases made through the agency’s purchasing department.
- Enter and route non-PO Payables for payment by matching invoice to existing contract or the receipt to the appropriate approver.
- Send out monthly Travel Notices/Reminders to necessary employees.
- Review staff expense reimbursements and credit card expense reports for reasonableness and propriety.
- Responsible for maintaining proper documentation and coordination with our outside document storage vendor.
- Coordinate with team members in order to maintain organization of the team shared files.
- Generate weekly check and 3rd party payment authorizations and obtain check/payment authorization batch approval along with attaching appropriate remittance documents.
- Organizing the End of Day Packages from the Health Center.
- Generate emergency checks and process voided checks as needed.
- Coordinate the collection of new vendor information and insure the accuracy of the new vendor set up in all agency accounting systems. This includes a determination of independent contractor status, CA state withholding requirements and if a Business Associate Agreement is required.
- Research AP and GL records as needed to ensure accuracy of financial statements.
- Determine and apply use tax on purchases in accordance with California sales/use tax regulations.
- Assist preparation and filing of year-end IRS 1099 information tax returns for all vendors.
- Research and correct incorrect IRS TIN 1099 information.
- Prepare and assist with audit schedules and the retrieval of requested documents for agency’s interim and annual audits.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating the Approved Drivers Listing.
- Responsible for maintaining the Corporate Credit Card Program.
- Perform backup role for higher level Finance staff.
*Loc=San Diego Admin
We are the power of Planned Parenthood.
We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest, one of the largest and most prominent affiliates of the most iconic health care organization in the world. We are recognized for the wide array of services we provide and the outstanding education we deliver.
We are a prominent and powerful team of health experts who work relentlessly to help our communities sustain their health and well-being. We adhere to the highest standards and protocols as we collaborate and care for people, without judgment.
100 years of advocating for our mission has secured our advancement, our future and our passion for practicing health care.
We are a team you can have fun with and a powerful movement you can be part of. Together we’ll take pride in shaping the future of sexual health and reproductive rights.
For those who feel that purpose is critical to their work, this is a gift.
In This Together.
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit our careers page for more information: www.pppswcareers.org