San Diego Administration Building / Riverside Flaster Family Health Center / El Centro, Imperial Valley, CA
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is one of the largest providers of sexual and reproductive healthcare in Southern California, operating 20 health centers throughout our three-county region. Check out our new video, "We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest” for more information about our organization: https://bit.ly/WeArePPPSW.
Care. No Matter What.
As a Financial Analyst you will report and work directly with the Financial Planning and Analyst Supervisor and have the opportunity to be the point of contact for the Financial Planning team.
This exciting opportunity will also assist in the preparation of the operating and capital budgets and oversee reporting and analysis of PPPSW's financial performance by division, department and program.
The ideal candidate will be a great communicator who is adaptable, flexible, detail oriented and passionate about building relationships across the entire organization. If you are highly self-motivated, driven by our mission, apply now!
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Develop and prepare complex financial and statistical reports that summarize and forecast agency business activity and financial position by utilizing the financial reporting software.
- Perform special analytical projects and ad hoc analyses by doing research, creating models and making recommendations based on results.
- Assist in the development and implementation of financial systems relating to cost control, revenue reimbursement and decision support.
- Prepare proformas for strategic business plan initiatives and operational objectives.
- Provide analysis and support for Revenue Cycle Management including but not limited to: charge masters, billing issues, metrics and KPIs, managed care contract reimbursements, etc.
- Prepare the scheduling and training logistics for preparation of the agency’s budget process.
- Coordinate the development of agency budgets by setting up budgeting software, establishing schedules, collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data and recommending plans.
- Monitor and evaluate budget-to-actual and year-over-year activity ensuring significant deviations are communicated to appropriate decision makers.
- Provide assistance to representatives of assigned departments in the formulation of department budget requests, including necessary documentation, investigation, and related budget impact studies.
- Prepare productivity and key performance indicator reports, chart and graphs.
- Perform calculations and prepare general ledger journal entries for patient services revenues, indirect costs, patient visits and productive hours, and other accounts as assigned.
- Prepare quarterly and annual federal grant cost reports.
- Assist in developing and revising policies as needed.
- Work in an environment that supports ongoing training and development.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Experience (4 years total experience in Finance or Accounting)
- 2+ years in accounting or finance with emphasis on financial analysis.
- Able to apply thorough knowledge of the financial concepts, theories, principles and practices of business analysis such as key performance indicators and workforce productivity.
- Someone that is eager to work in an environment that supports the agency’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Able to analyze financial data and recommend solution to problems.
- Strong knowledge of computer spreadsheets and computerized accounting.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- An optimistic outlook with the ability to work hard and have fun!
- Previous experience in Healthcare and/or Non-Profit Organizations
- Previous experience with Microsoft Dynamics SL accounting software, Workday Adaptive Insights, Paylocity, and NextGen EPM
$82,279 - $90,940 a year
At Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest (PPPSW) the philosophy behind our compensation efforts is to foster workplace equity by aligning pay and benefit structures with our Agency’s mission and values. These efforts are continuously evaluated as we work toward living out our social justice values as an employer. PPPSW recognizes that decisions about pay and benefits have significant impact on staff, and we work diligently to ensure all positions are compensated competitively as compared to other similar positions in the community. The Affiliate establishes compensation supported by a position description that identifies competencies, duties, responsibilities and qualifications. In alignment with the Agency culture, PPPSW will strive to communicate openly and transparently about the goals of the Agency and the design of the compensation policies. The Agency will ensure the compensation program is administered in a manner that is consistent with Agency’s value of pay equity.
Benefits Include: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 Matching Program, Educational Assistance, Access to 1:1 Mental Fitness/Life coach, Premium CALM account and more!
Location: San Diego, CA/Hybrid
We are the power of Planned Parenthood.
We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest, one of the largest and most prominent affiliates of the most iconic health care organization in the world. We are recognized for the wide array of services we provide and the outstanding education we deliver.
We are a prominent and powerful team of health experts who work relentlessly to help our communities sustain their health and well-being. We adhere to the highest standards and protocols as we collaborate and care for people, without judgment.
100 years of advocating for our mission has secured our advancement, our future and our passion for practicing health care.
We are a team you can have fun with and a powerful movement you can be part of. Together we’ll take pride in shaping the future of sexual health and reproductive rights.
For those who feel that purpose is critical to their work, this is a gift.
In This Together.
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit our careers page for more information: www.pppswcareers.org