Major Gifts Administrative Assistant
San Diego Administration Building /
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest has been voted one of the best places to work. We are one of the largest providers of reproductive healthcare in Southern California, operating 19 health centers throughout our three county region. Check out our new video, "We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest” for more information about our organization: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JFgoD8pcg0.
Care. No Matter What.
The Major Gifts Administrative Assistant will provide clerical and administrative support to the Major Gifts team in all aspects of portfolio management, stewardship and cultivation projects, mailings and personal correspondence, events, and other related activities.
The ideal candidate will be able to effectively communicate with donors and co-workers of all backgrounds and have the ability to maintain strict confidentiality of all donor information. If you are committed to our mission, attentive to detail, and strongly self-motivated and adaptive to shifting priorities, apply now!
PPPSW Compensation Philosophy and Position Hiring Rate:
- At Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest (PPPSW) the philosophy behind our compensation efforts is to foster workplace equity by aligning pay and benefit structures with our Agency’s mission and values. These efforts are continuously evaluated as we work toward living out our social justice values as an employer. PPPSW recognizes that decisions about pay and benefits have significant impact on staff, and we work diligently to ensure all positions are compensated competitively as compared to other similar positions in the community. The Affiliate establishes compensation supported by a position description that identifies competencies, duties, responsibilities and qualifications. In alignment with the Agency culture, PPPSW will strive to communicate openly and transparently about the goals of the Agency and the design of the compensation policies. The Agency will ensure the compensation program is administered in a manner that is consistent with Agency’s value of pay equity.
- The compensation for this position is $41,600 - $52,000 + Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 Matching Program, Educational Assistance, Access to 1:1 Mental Fitness/Life coach, Premium CALM account and more!
In this role, you'll get to:
- Provide general support to the Major Gifts team for the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors giving $1,000 or more annually.
- Assist with preparation of materials for donor meetings and solicitations.
- Assist with preparing, formatting, and tracking major gift proposals, stewardship reports, and other correspondence for donors, including mailed and emailed personalized updates.
- In coordination with the database team, maintain donor records to ensure donors’ information is up to date, including entering actions on behalf of portfolio managers.
- Work with database team to ensure proper handling of all Major Gifts donations and acknowledgments.
- Coordinate and schedule meetings and health center tours for Major Gifts staff with donors and volunteers as needed.
- Coordinate special stewardship efforts as needed.
- Assist with the management of Major Gifts campaigns and special events, including Honorary Committee membership opportunities and President’s Council solicitations.
- Place and secure orders with outside printers as necessary.
- Prepare lists, perform mail merges, meter, and package mail pieces.
- Print and organize multi-piece mailings (e.g. Honorary Committee solicitations) and coordinate with Development team to ensure mailing is timely and accurate.
- Track incoming gifts; ensure accuracy of donor listings during campaigns and events.
- Write personalized notes to donors as needed.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years administrative experience
- Experience with Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Excellent Customer Service and/or Concierge experience
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive
- 1 year of experience working in Development/Fundraising
We are the power of Planned Parenthood.
We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest, one of the largest and most prominent affiliates of the most iconic health care organization in the world. We are recognized for the wide array of services we provide and the outstanding education we deliver.
We are a prominent and powerful team of health experts who work relentlessly to help our communities sustain their health and well-being. We adhere to the highest standards and protocols as we collaborate and care for people, without judgment.
100 years of advocating for our mission has secured our advancement, our future and our passion for practicing health care.
We are a team you can have fun with and a powerful movement you can be part of. Together we’ll take pride in shaping the future of sexual health and reproductive rights.
For those who feel that purpose is critical to their work, this is a gift.
In This Together.
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit our careers page for more information: www.pppswcareers.org