Registered Nurse - Per Diem
Imperial Valley, CA /
Medical Services & Center Operations – Clinical/Medical /
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest has been voted one of the best places to work. We are one of the largest providers of reproductive healthcare in Southern California, operating 18 health centers throughout our three county region. Check out our new video, "We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest” for more information about our organization: https://youtu.be/2ATarFSN3TQ.
Care. No Matter What.
As a (per diem) REGISTERED NURSE you will have the opportunity to provide nursing and medical care to patients seeking reproductive health care in the Imperial Valley Health Center.
This exciting opportunity is open to training New Graduate Registered Nurses with an active CA License and only required to work the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Tuesdays of each month with a start time of 7am and a shift schedule of 6-8 hours.
The ideal candidate will be willing to jump in, work well under pressure and communicate effectively with patients and co-workers of all backgrounds. If you are highly self-motivated, driven by our mission, and committed to quality healthcare, apply now!
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Provide and Educate patients on contraception, other medication, cancer screening, and STIs.
- Dispense other medications including antibiotics, antiviral, etc. per standing orders and maintain working knowledge of all medications used.
- Perform venipuncture and give injections.
- Perform moderate complexity lab tests.
- Dispense controlled substances as directed by Physician or mid-level Clinician
- Administer IV conscious sedation as directed by Physician or APC clinician
- Assist Physician with moderate sedation clients as needed
- Assist in transferring clients (100+ pounds) to and from wheelchair, exam table, gurney, and/or recovery chairs. Clients may require minimal or no assistance to partial or full assistance
What we’re looking for:
- Registered Nurse with current California License and current BLS certification.
- Ability to work as a team member as well as independently.
- Completed an RN Recovery Room or Surgical Training Program.
- 1+ years of experience in Women’s Healthcare
- Bilingual in English/Spanish (strongly preferred)
- ACLS certification
- Emergency and/or triage experience
Job Type: Per Diem
Location: Imperial Valley, CA
We are the power of Planned Parenthood.
We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest, one of the largest and most prominent affiliates of the most iconic health care organization in the world. We are recognized for the wide array of services we provide and the outstanding education we deliver.
We are a prominent and powerful team of health experts who work relentlessly to help our communities sustain their health and well-being. We adhere to the highest standards and protocols as we collaborate and care for people, without judgment.
100 years of advocating for our mission has secured our advancement, our future and our passion for practicing health care.
We are a team you can have fun with and a powerful movement you can be part of. Together we’ll take pride in shaping the future of sexual health and reproductive rights.
For those who feel that purpose is critical to their work, this is a gift.
In This Together.
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit our careers page for more information: www.pppswcareers.org