Registered Nurse- Flex
Riverside County, CA
Medical Services & Center Operations – Clinical/Medical
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest has been voted one of the best places to work. We are one of the largest providers of reproductive healthcare in Southern California, operating 17 health centers throughout our three county region. Check out our new video, "We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest” for more information about our organization: https://youtu.be/2ATarFSN3TQ.
Care. No Matter What.
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is seeking a full time Registered Nurse to work at our Specialty Services Health Centers.
The RN FLEX will provide nursing and medical care to patients seeking reproductive health care in the Planned Parenthood in the surgical center. The position is based in Riverside, but will require driving to San Diego, Rancho Mirage, and Imperial Valley, to assist with coverage as needed.
Education and Experience
- R.N. with current California license
- BLS and ACLS certifications
- Must have a valid driver's license
- One year of experience in Women’s Healthcare, Surgical Centers or Emergency Room preferred
- Oversee and maintain responsibility for nursing services in the Specialty Services Center. Educate clients on DA approved birth control methods (including emergency contraception).
- Participate in health center efforts to achieve established goals for productivity and quality metrics.
- Adhere to affiliate policies on professionalism, wait time in-clinic and on the phone, and the system for addressing client complaints.
- Participate in health center/affiliate efforts to achieve established revenue cycle goals.
- Dispense oral and intra-muscular medications and maintain a working knowledge of all medications used.
- Dispense all FDA approved birth control methods (including emergency contraception) per Clinician orders and maintain working knowledge of all medications used.
- Perform moderate complexity lab tests.
- Perform follow-up of outside referrals, and quantitative results
- Perform venipuncture and give injections.
- Check emergency equipment (oxygen, emergency kit, ambu bag, defibrillator, anesthesia cart, gomco suction unit).
- Perform phone triage during Center ours.
- Monitor post-abortion clients recovering from analgesia, IV conscious sedation, and moderate sedation.
- Educate clients regarding post‑operative instructions, contraception and annual health screenings
- Be responsible for maintenance of narcotic log.
- Start IV's and Hep-Locks.
- Triage all emergency situations.
- Assist with Center flow and clean up.
- Identify and assist in resolving issues regarding staffing and equipment needs.
- Assist with implementation and ensuring compliance to policies and procedures for designated areas.
- Act as a clinical resource for Specialty Services Centers.
- Be willing to continuously learn and expand clinical knowledge base.
- Demonstrate clear knowledge and accountability of quality regulations and standards.
- Be pro-active in team development and problem solving.
- Orient and train new hire RNs. Develop leadership qualities including serving as a preceptor to new RN staff.
- Must be available to work varied schedules including evenings and weekends and Saturdays at identified Specialty Service Center
- Differentiate and demonstrate clean and sterile technique for Specialty Service Center procedures.
- Work directly on Practice Management system and Electronic Medical Record system for the electronic management of client information including but not limited to client tracking, coding, charting, logs etc.
- In support of PPPSW’s Just Culture Philosophy, identify and report errors, near misses, and employee, patient and customer safety concerns in a timely manner.
We are the power of Planned Parenthood.
We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest, one of the largest and most prominent affiliates of the most iconic health care organization in the world. We are recognized for the wide array of services we provide and the outstanding education we deliver.
We are a prominent and powerful team of health experts who work relentlessly to help our communities sustain their health and well-being. We adhere to the highest standards and protocols as we collaborate and care for people, without judgment.
100 years of advocating for our mission has secured our advancement, our future and our passion for practicing health care.
We are a team you can have fun with and a powerful movement you can be part of. Together we’ll take pride in shaping the future of sexual health and reproductive rights.
For those who feel that purpose is critical to their work, this is a gift.
In This Together.
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit our careers page for more information: www.pppswcareers.org