Vice President of Information Technology
San Diego, CA
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest has been voted one of the best places to work. We are one of the largest providers of reproductive healthcare in Southern California, operating 17 health centers throughout our three county region. Check out our new video, "We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest” for more information about our organization: https://youtu.be/2ATarFSN3TQ.
Care. No Matter What.
Who We Are:
We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest. We’ve been here to provide care, support and advice to our community for over 100 years. We take great pride in our team - over 500 passionate, brilliant individuals from all walks of life and all corners of the world -- representing the diversity that makes us special.
Why Join Us?
From your first day on the job, you’ll be immersed in a hands-on, hit-the-ground running experience. Every day will come with unique challenges – but rest assured you’ll never be alone in handling them- our team has each other’s backs. Beyond a meaningful career and an excellent benefits package, we offer career development opportunities and a supportive work culture.
To attract the best talent from across the country, we are offering paid relocation for this position.
What We Need:
In search of a passionate, professional, proactive person who knows technology backwards and forwards.
Who You Are:
There’s never been a better time to find a career that works for the greater good. Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is looking for a Vice President of Information Technology to join our team. This position is suited for someone who is well-versed in managing, organizing and implementing the technology behind enterprise healthcare organizations.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or Business Administration. Master’s degree in related field preferred.
Minimum Work Experience:
7 years of experience leading an IT operation at a senior level of management. Healthcare experience required.
Our VP of Information Technology is in the trenches every day, and they need to be someone truly special. You’re someone who understands our mission, our organization, and will create strategic roadmaps that support our efforts from a technological standpoint.
The right candidate will:
Look at our strategic priorities with fresh eyes and a mind full of ideas, and you’ll foster a culture of systems innovation within the organization as a whole and within the IT department.
Have the skillset and motivation to embrace every day (and once in a lifetime) challenges with confidence- collaborating with leadership to embrace new IT opportunities, assessing the feasibility of current systems, and advancing the organization to the future.
Take the continuous improvement of our patient care and safety, as well as the effectiveness of our support systems, very seriously. And you’ll apply that concern while overseeing Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems.
Have a proven track record of leadership, problem-solving and creating meaningful interpersonal relationships.
Build a strong long-term IT strategy that aligns with our strategic priorities and the overall company direction. You’ll drive accountability and metrics ownership to translate strategy into results. And you’ll inspire us all by effectively communicating and engaging the team in your initiatives.
In addition to your day-to-day operational responsibility, this is a strategic role that requires strong partnership with other team members across the company, other regional affiliates, and other nationwide Planned Parenthood affiliates. Your team will partner with leaders across the organization to translate technology capabilities into strategic business decisions.
- Serves as an integral member of the affiliate management team, participating in the organization, implementation and evaluation of affiliate strategic goals and initiatives.
- Develop the IT Organization strategic roadmap, and lead the tactical and operational initiatives to achieve agency and departmental goals.
- Collaborate with other leadership to understand IT opportunities and integrate their department needs into IT strategic and project planning.
- Assess appropriateness of existing IT enterprise systems, staffing and structure, and develop and lead strategies to evolve the enterprise to meet future needs.
- Develop and lead a team of IT professionals that is appropriate for meeting the organizational and departmental goals and service level expectations, within budget constraints.
- Foster a culture of systems innovation within the organization and the IT department in order to realize continuous improvement, operational efficiencies and economies of scale. Innovative systems might include or pertain to telehealth, patient check-in and intake, provider dictation and transcribing, etc.
- Oversee the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and all related and interoperable systems and interfaces with an aim of continuous workflow, care quality and patient safety improvements.
- Oversee Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems that process financial, human capital management, fundraising, and other supporting functions with an aim of continuous improvement, efficiency, etc.
- Advance systems enterprise to better support geographic inclusion of staff, i.e. adopting modern meeting and telecommuting technology and practices across locations
- Develop, recommend and manage IT operating and capital budgets.
- Ensure continuous delivery of IT services through oversight of service level agreements with end users and monitoring of IT systems performance.
- Approve, prioritize, and control projects and the project portfolio as they relate to the selection, acquisition, development, and installation of IT systems and software
- Represent PPPSW regionally and nationally when appropriate.
- Develop partnerships with other PP affiliates and collaborate to establish joint strategies and economies of scale through shared services models across IT organizations, with particular focus on shared EMR, data reporting systems and cyber-security/risk prevention infrastructure.
- Comply with PPPSW’s Code of Conduct and maintain the highest level of professional and ethical standards.
- In support of PPPSW’s Just Culture Philosophy, identify and report errors, near misses, and employee, patient and customer safety concerns in a timely manner.
- To support risk and quality management by proactively communicating identified risks to supervisor in order to minimize risk when possible.
- Comply with PPPSW's Code of Conduct and maintain the highest level of professional and ethical standards and to act in compliance with both the letter and spirit of all applicable laws and regulations.
We are the power of Planned Parenthood.
We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest, one of the largest and most prominent affiliates of the most iconic health care organization in the world. We are recognized for the wide array of services we provide and the outstanding education we deliver.
We are a prominent and powerful team of health experts who work relentlessly to help our communities sustain their health and well-being. We adhere to the highest standards and protocols as we collaborate and care for people, without judgment.
100 years of advocating for our mission has secured our advancement, our future and our passion for practicing health care.
We are a team you can have fun with and a powerful movement you can be part of. Together we’ll take pride in shaping the future of sexual health and reproductive rights.
For those who feel that purpose is critical to their work, this is a gift.
In This Together.
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit our careers page for more information: www.pppswcareers.org