General Volunteer (unpaid)- San Diego County
San Diego, CA
Volunteer Roles – Volunteer Roles
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest has been voted one of the best places to work. We are one of the largest providers of reproductive healthcare in Southern California, operating 17 health centers throughout our three county region. Check out our new video, "We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest” for more information about our organization: https://youtu.be/2ATarFSN3TQ.
Care. No Matter What.
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest (PPPSW)
San Diego County, CA
We are delighted you are interested in volunteering with PPPSW. Volunteers are the heart of our organization and play a vital role in advancing our mission. We have a long history of volunteer involvement and are committed to providing a rewarding and satisfying experience that offers opportunities for social and intellectual enrichment, as well as personal growth.
If you have any questions, please call our office at 619-881-4500 or email email@example.com.
If you are interested in an internship with Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest, please call/email the volunteer office prior to submitting this application.
- Must be passionate about reproductive/sexual health care
- Experience working with diverse communities
- Bilingual language skills are a plus
- Comfortable talking to people about reproductive health issues
- Must be supportive of all Planned Parenthood services and programs
- Must be a team-player
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Dependable and have reliable transportation
- Able to commit to at least 6 months
- Desire to have fun and meet new people!
To start volunteering with us, please complete the following application fully and submit it to Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest. All information provided is kept confidential.
- Once positions become available, we will review your application and contact you to schedule a phone interview
- After you've completed the phone interview, you may be invited to an upcoming orientation and training after which, you will become an active PPPSW volunteer
- Certain volunteer positions require a background check and/or a health exam and/or interview
We are the power of Planned Parenthood.
We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest, one of the largest and most prominent affiliates of the most iconic health care organization in the world. We are recognized for the wide array of services we provide and the outstanding education we deliver.
We are a prominent and powerful team of health experts who work relentlessly to help our communities sustain their health and well-being. We adhere to the highest standards and protocols as we collaborate and care for people, without judgment.
100 years of advocating for our mission has secured our advancement, our future and our passion for practicing health care.
We are a team you can have fun with and a powerful movement you can be part of. Together we’ll take pride in shaping the future of sexual health and reproductive rights.
For those who feel that purpose is critical to their work, this is a gift.
In This Together.
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit our careers page for more information: www.pppswcareers.org